Infiniti QX50 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the owner of two Infiniti vehicles - a '14 Q50 and a '17 QX60. I love the look of the current gen QX50's, especially the red ones. That color really pops. As much as I like them, I wouldn't buy one because of the CVT and the numb steering feel. Our QX60 has a CVT and we had to have it replaced at 45k miles. Junky transmissions. Will Infiniti wise up and put in a standard transmission and better steering feel like what's in my Q50?

· Super Moderator
130 Posts
In a word . . Unlikely

The QX50 up to 2017 had 7 Speed mated to a Traditionally Mounted V6 that produced 325 HP.

But . . Consumer Demand prompted what the 2019 to present day QX50 has become

Pros:
Roomier
More Modern Looking
Better Gas Milage . . . But at the expense of . .

Cons:
4 Cylinder
CVT Transmission

The reality is that Consumers want a SUV looking Economy Car . . .
And Nissan gave them the INFINITI Branded QX50 & Fastback Looking QX55

Pretty Cars in comparison to all the other SUV Looking Economy cars on the road.

There are very few Performance CUVs out there

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I don't mind the engine that's in it. Sounds like it's peppy enough. But I've read the engine and the CVT "fight" each other when trying to accelerate. It sounds like they're not getting the full potential out of the engine.

· Super Moderator
130 Posts
2024 will bring Changes ~ However ~ the CVT Stays.

Here's what's on tap for 2024

The 2024 Infiniti QX50 won’t introduce a complete redesign, some elements will dramatically change
A more aggressive hood design
Front fascia will sport thinner headlights and a wider grille
Additional chrome accents, especially up front, and on the c-pillar
The honeycomb grille design remains
Roof rails will come as standard on some trim levels, and upper trims will provide a standard panoramic moonroof
19-inch aluminum-alloy wheels are standard, 20-inch rims will be available as an option.
New exterior colors will be on offer, but popular options such as Slate Gray and Sunstone Red will remain intact

· Registered
7 Posts
2024 will bring Changes ~ However ~ the CVT Stays.

Here's what's on tap for 2024

The 2024 Infiniti QX50 won’t introduce a complete redesign, some elements will dramatically change
A more aggressive hood design
Front fascia will sport thinner headlights and a wider grille
Additional chrome accents, especially up front, and on the c-pillar
The honeycomb grille design remains
Roof rails will come as standard on some trim levels, and upper trims will provide a standard panoramic moonroof
19-inch aluminum-alloy wheels are standard, 20-inch rims will be available as an option.
New exterior colors will be on offer, but popular options such as Slate Gray and Sunstone Red will remain intact
I figured they would not change too much in 2024. 2023 introduced a new shifter and Wireless charging pad. I am glad they are catching up to the competition. CVT is here to stay until they do a total redesign.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts