Infiniti QX50 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
out of the four SUVs Infiniti currently retails the QX50 has the most dated styling of all four...

QX50

QX60

QX70

QX80

QX60 seems to be the most updated and closest in line with the new infiniti design language. QX70 looks a little dated but I believe it was refreshed in the last couple of years, QX80 is way long in the tooth but QX80 is not a priority at this point. Which brings us to QX50, the most dated looking one, closely mimicking the outgoing G sedan, I personally feel the QX50 is the next in line for a redesign, considering its cost and place int he market it is the SUV version of the Q50 so I am expecting similar changes inside and out as the Q50.

But now, when do we see an updated QX50, do you think its around the same time Q50 released this year, August 2014 release for QX50? I mean most of the development should be dont already as I fully expect the QX50 to share platform and powertrain with the Q50, all thats left is adapting the design language for QX50, but if you have seen the Q30 concept I dont think Infiniti will have any trouble...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am tired of the EX 35 look. I would love to see how the new refreshed QX50 would turn out. I just feel like this rebadged QX50's time is up. time for a revamp please!

·
Registered
361 Posts
i read somewhere sometime around mid 2014 we could see a refreshed model, if thats true, i don't know why Infiniti is being so tight lipped about it. i would expect some official info about now.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i read somewhere sometime around mid 2014 we could see a refreshed model, if thats true, i don't know why Infiniti is being so tight lipped about it. i would expect some official info about now.
Well probably becasue they just rolled out the Q50 and are building buzz for Q30. I think it would be a little much for the marketing people to have three fires burning at once...

I dont know if QX50 is going to get a ground up redesign or just an appearance refresh...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is likely that the next QX50 will have a new shell, the interior of course will be updated too.
Yea thats what im thinking, its still going to share its bones with the Q50, so we have that to benchmark future QX50 performance by. Considering QX50 and Q50 share so much its likely we also get a Hybrid version of QX50. The Q50 is one mean Hybrid BTW...

·
Registered
300 Posts
The QX50 likely needs the update the most.

The QX60 70 and 80 still look like current cars.

The QX50 could use a dose of 2013.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've been hearing about some big changes to come in 2015, it could very well be QX50, that timing is consistent with the average production cycle of infinit vehicles.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Of all the SUVs the QX50 needs the update the quickest. It's also the cheaper high volume model so the return will be faster on the QX50 if updated.

In terms of sedans though.. The M35 needs to be updated next.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think that the QX50 is most in need of an update. Not a total redesign, just a little touch up to bring it up to speed with the other Infiniti SUV/CUVs. The QX50 does look like its from the 2000s instead of the 2010s. Infiniti has so much on its plate right now though. They really have a full calendar with all the new models they are coming out with, not to mention the updates they have due with many of their products.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think that the QX50 is most in need of an update. Not a total redesign, just a little touch up to bring it up to speed with the other Infiniti SUV/CUVs. The QX50 does look like its from the 2000s instead of the 2010s. Infiniti has so much on its plate right now though. They really have a full calendar with all the new models they are coming out with, not to mention the updates they have due with many of their products.
as much as it needs it, it won't happen
there's only a couple years to go till it's production cycle is done, infiniti will just have to ride it out, so will us.

·
Registered
361 Posts
thats how i see it too
no point in doing new things to an out going model might as well focus all that effort on a completely new product, it just makes the next generation model seem that much better

·
Registered
300 Posts
They have the Q30 coming and the QX30 now.

They will probably update the Q90 and the Q60 soon.

The QX50 and QX70 are probably going to be updated afterthat.

·
Registered
361 Posts
They have the Q30 coming and the QX30 now.

They will probably update the Q90 and the Q60 soon.

The QX50 and QX70 are probably going to be updated afterthat.
It just sucks there's no info for the Q90, only the Q60 has a ton of good information surrounding it.
hopefully infiniti tell us something about the Q90 so we can hear even more about it

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think you might be right on that one. The Q90 might be taking over the Essence concept body and become a production vehicle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, the car hasn't changed much cosmetically in the last five years which is somewhat strange.

Like some others have theorized, my guess on this is that they're planning on phasing this vehicle out soon to replace it completely with something brand new. If not, the EX/QX50 seems overdue for a refresh, particularly from an exterior standpoint.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts