Infiniti QX50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are plenty of cool options/ features that are available on the QX50. I thought we could discuss them and point out the ones we are most excited about.

QX50 comes standard with:
- leather upholstery
- dual zone automatic climate control
- power-adjustable front seats
- six-speaker AM/FM/CD stereo system with a USB input and SiriusXM radio
- rearview monitor
- 7" driver information display
- 18" aluminum-alloy wheels

QX50 Journey adds these to the standard offerings:
- moonroof
- maple interior accents
- heated front seats and exterior mirrors
- a power tilt and telescope steerin column
- an auto dimming interior rearview mirror
- bluetooth smartphone connectivity

Premium Package adds:
- navigation system with NavTraffic, NavWeather and Zagat Survey Restaurant Guide
- 11 speaker Bose Premium Audio System
- streaming via Bluetooth
- Aluminum roof rails and an Around View monitor with front and rear sonar parking aids

Deluxe Touring Package adds:
- 19" alloy wheels
- memory functionality for the seats
- power folding and heated exterior mirrors with reverse tilt-down feature
- HID headlights
- entry-exit assist for driver's seat and steering wheel
- a coat hanger on the driver's headrest (really?)
- memory functionality for the front seats

Technology Package adds:
- active cruise control
- blind spot warning system
- lane departure warning
- forward collision warning
- intelligent brake assist

So as you can see there are a multitude of options. packages/features. Which are you most excited for? Which packages are you interested in.

·
Registered
131 Posts
my favorite feature of the QX50 is its engine, and its exhaust note. Eff this gizmo business, I want something to DRIVE

·
Registered
361 Posts
the self-driving technologies included in the tech package are some of my favorite, it helps to set the QX50 apart from other cars you can get

Technology Package adds:
- active cruise control
- lane departure warning

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a desire for every package except the deluxe touring package. I don't want to pay extra for memory seats, a coat hanger, some different rims, etc... Sounds like a lot of money for a lot of fairly useless techs.

I also am pretty confident that I can drive the car without all of the extra driving assistance technology. I would want the Journey with the Premium package. I think the 360 view camera for parking is incredible and I love me a good sound system!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is a moonroof different from a sunroof? Can you only use it at night? (jk)

But seriously, is it shaped differently or a different size or something?

I would be most interested in the Technology package. The extra driving features are pretty cool. I want to have the lane departure system, and active cruise control most.

·
Registered
131 Posts
the self-driving technologies included in the tech package are some of my favorite, it helps to set the QX50 apart from other cars you can get

Technology Package adds:
- active cruise control
- lane departure warning
almost every new car coming out has either all of this tech or at least a few pieces of it. It just reminds me more and more everyday how far removed from driving people are. if you need blind spot warnings and forward collision warning you should NOT be driving.

If you cant see a collision coming in front of you GTFO

P.S this was not directed at you RHA, your post was just my jumping off point.

·
Registered
42 Posts
almost every new car coming out has either all of this tech or at least a few pieces of it. It just reminds me more and more everyday how far removed from driving people are. if you need blind spot warnings and forward collision warning you should NOT be driving.

I feel that automakers are trying to make a car accomodate the driver a little too much especially for driving. So what happens when one of those features fail and the driver is left to the old way which they are not use to.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I think that in an ideal world, even if you had these features, you would not have to use them. But when the day comes that you accidentally miss something, it is great that these technologies could be the thing that saves you.

All of this technology is building the foundation for self-driving cars too. So when you see it as a stepping stone on that path it makes more sense as well.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I feel that automakers are trying to make a car accomodate the driver a little too much especially for driving. So what happens when one of those features fail and the driver is left to the old way which they are not use to.
Good point, people will be in trouble when that happens, but systems now are being built better to have the least amount of faults they can.
So far there hasn't been many reports of these systems failing, I wouldn't worry about it

·
Registered
300 Posts
the blind spot monitoring and forward collision warning help.

people don't really rely on them. they are more meant to help you in driving.

·
Registered
361 Posts
that's how it should be
no one should ever completely rely on it and not have any interaction.
even when they have proven themselves over years anything can go wrong.
now with car hacking being very possible, it's scary to think what can happen

·
Registered
42 Posts
I know you rnot suppose to rely on it but I have seen way too many careless drivers. and for those people these feature help them keep out of trouble but once it fails how do they react.

Not every one will rely on them but there will still be some.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I agree, i think the best way to go about it, is to use the self-driving tech to ease your driving effort but still be ready to take control if and when it's necessary, you never know

·
Registered
70 Posts
I don't think that people rely on these driving technologies that much. The people who do rely on it too much are the few and not the many. This technology is only out on luxury vehicles so most people buying these cars have been driving for a long time without these type of technologies. If they aren't a good driver by now than they likely will never be. At least with these technologies there is another layer of protection between bad drivers and getting into stupid crashes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
situations where i can see people fully depending on it in the not too distant future is in parkades. Audi already showed that a self-driving car can navigate and find it's own parking spot easily. Can't wait for that to be available on a consumer level

·
Registered
70 Posts
That would be an absolutely amazing feature. You arrive in a parking lot and you just touch a button and the car finds you a parking spot and parks the car for you. The forward collision avoidance should stop you from running over pedestrians as well. What would they call it? IVPS (Integrated Valet Parking Service)? I also think that a surprising number of crashes occur in parking lots so I bet it would reduce scratches and accidents by quite a bit.

·
Registered
131 Posts
That would be an absolutely amazing feature. You arrive in a parking lot and you just touch a button and the car finds you a parking spot and parks the car for you. The forward collision avoidance should stop you from running over pedestrians as well. What would they call it? IVPS (Integrated Valet Parking Service)? I also think that a surprising number of crashes occur in parking lots so I bet it would reduce scratches and accidents by quite a bit.
i dont want to let the QX50 do all the tight driving required in a parking lot. Accidents happen in parking lots becasue people have no sense of how big or little their car, how many times do you see people pulling a three point reverse out of parking spot when it could of been done swiftly in two. Its just going to make the issue even worse, because instead of humans driving, you now have algorithms driving. They get upset when reality doesn't fit into the log...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Very true. There will be trial and error situation I guess but it would be a hefty bill for the body work when you depend on algorithms. I'll leave it to my own to habds to save some money from repairs and all the oh **** moments when ti gets too close to the other vehicles parked.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts