Infiniti QX50 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
The new names make more sense, but it is always a confusing move for consumers to rename your products. It doesn't make it any more easy to differentiate between models when they all are named with letter/number combinations instead of actual names.

I think Infiniti is planning on doing some updating to all its vehicles, but these things take time. We will have to wait for them to get around to all of the vehicles. The whole process will still take a few years yet.
Yeah it is confusing but it's what needs to be done to set things straight for the future. They basically set themselves up in a way that they can release a lot more new models and still keep the names of the new models sounding and looking right.

·
Registered
42 Posts
tell me about it, this is not the first time infiniti has gone through with a new naming scheme. And yes its confusing alright hopefully they stick with it and nto chaneg again in the next 5-7 years.

I am just waiting on the Q90 (M45/56) to makes its debut.

·
Registered
81 Posts
the Q90 is one highly anticipated vehicle, it's basically their flagship model. I always loved the M sedan no matter what generation it was in.
with the new design language up on the drawing board, it should be epic

·
Registered
361 Posts
tell me about it, this is not the first time infiniti has gone through with a new naming scheme. And yes its confusing alright hopefully they stick with it and nto chaneg again in the next 5-7 years.

I am just waiting on the Q90 (M45/56) to makes its debut.
there might have been some mention of Infiniti showing off some concept, design concept? about it at the 2014 detroit show.

i don't know how true that is but i know it's very possible

·
Registered
42 Posts
the Q90 is one highly anticipated vehicle, it's basically their flagship model. I always loved the M sedan no matter what generation it was in.
with the new design language up on the drawing board, it should be epic
I dont think there was one bad generation of the M sedan, even now people are still praising the previous ones. I feel as if their designs and features last a very long time. I am excited to see how the next turns out and what new features they will be including.

·
Registered
131 Posts
the question becomes what will Q90 actually be... Is it going to be a halo performance model, something along the lines of GT-R? or will it be a big saloon car like the 7-series...

As for the name change I think its much better this way, Q and QX followed by increasing numbers, much better than the hodge podge of numbers and letters before, at least when you see QX50, QX60 and QX70 you understand their pricing is linear. What did EX35, JX35 and FX50 tell us about anything??

·
Registered
14 Posts
It would make sense if the M took over the name of the Q90 instead of it becoming a flagship or halo car. Q100 would be a good name for that.
M is fine where it is, it will get it's own name. A longer wheelbase flagship sedan is needed for Infiniti's future, and ideally Q90 would be it's name.

Q100 is already taken, it's their Formula 1 car.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but there isn't really any other option for a name of an Infiniti vehicle except Q90. Unless they start having the last digit of their car names be something other than '0'.

A halo car would be great for Infiniti. Now that the company has really found a design language that is working well for them, it only makes sense to create a flagship sedan that really shows everything that the brand is. I hope that Infiniti gets around to building this sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't know if I would go so far to say 'dislike' and I've never owned a EX/QX50 but there are a couple of small areas of improvement that COULD be made.

Most notably off the bat, the car needs to be refreshed exterior-wise. We've got a lot of heavy competition in this segment on the way and this car will definitely show its age along the lineup.

While certain additions I feel could be added for competition sake, even at the cost of nickel/diming or an increase in base price, simple options such as a panaromic roof seems prevalent now as well as a heated steering wheel availability for the AWD models. I also think that a Sport package (suspension, paddles, wheels, etc) would be a very useful addition to have available on the QX50 in an attempt to better market to those looking for more of a sportier and fun type of crossover.

I think any other additions or amenities (e.g., ventilated seats, entertainment screens, etc) should be saved for the bigger/higher luxury crossovers, but those type of additions would definitely help close the gap.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I love the heated seats with excellent lumbar support - that wasn't near as good in my previous Hyundai Santa Fe. I really like how the headlights move on sharp turns/corners. I am enjoying the push-button start (when I'm not using remote start). I like the fact that I've got all the things I wanted in an SUV that's smaller than the Santa Fe including far better lumbar supports / seats in front. Love the back up and all - around camera and memory seats! So much to like about this car!

Dislikes...trunk a bit small but just big enough for my needs. I don't really care that the rear seats are small - not really used anyway. Console is a bit small - I wish it were a bit bigger. I personally don't care for the idea that they put plug-ins in the console (USB, etc). I can't fit all my things in there that I need/use regularly.

Otherwise, I love this little zippy car! Fun to drive! I found it's pretty good on gas compared to my Santa Fe was. Lots of power!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts