Infiniti QX50 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new 2019 QX50 Essential / Sensory came with OEM versions of the Bridgestone Ecopia H/L 422 Plus tire, 255/45R20. These supposedly have low roll resistance, but are not getting good reviews for snow and for longevity. I see they are also not available other than on new cars from the dealer, and it is apparently an odd size for run flats so may be hard to replace in general. I believe this size is an option on my car, but for people who go with that option, is this the tire you are all getting? Are you aware of better options? Many thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I switched to non run flats. Run flats generally are expensive and bad on the road in any category. Figured out i have road side assistance and i never changed tire anyway

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have 23555r19 run flats on my 2019 proactive.

When shopping for winter tires for next year, I was advised to go with 23560r18 rims and tires. The road salt in Canada is very hard on aluminum alloy rims, so inexpensive steel rims and tires would save my good rims and the 18 inch tires are less expensive than 19 inch. Also, I was told that there is a much greater selection of 18 inch tires to choose from, hence the cost saving. I always had Michelin winter tires on my old G37 and they were excellent in every way. I will probably not get run flats due to the poor selection and the additional cost.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I switched to non run flats. Run flats generally are expensive and bad on the road in any category. Figured out i have road side assistance and i never changed tire anyway
Road side assistance is great if you don’t know how to change a tire or if your battery is dead and need a jump. If you have a flat the only thing they will do for you is help change your tires but the qx50 doesn’t come with a spare so towing will be your other option. Run flats have been out for quite awhile now so the prices are reletively cheaper from what they are before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts