Infiniti QX50 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'd say that matches with what Nissan has been doing lately. The headlights are very similar to the headlights that are on the Juke. They have the same grille as many of the other vehicles in the lineup. And if you look at the concepts that Nissan showed in LA, I think that you can see the roofline is similar.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Looking at the concept above and looking at the current maxima, it's not that hard to imagine what a production version of the concept could look like. would be cool to see some renderings:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nissan has actually confirmed that the iDX will indeed head to production!

I hope it doesnt come with a CVT.... I hope they were just joking...

·
Registered
131 Posts

oh it will! The Japanese never make jokes like that ;) CVT and MT would be ok, but only because MT ya knoww ;)

·
Registered
361 Posts

I know right.
At worst they should give us an automatic transmission. but if there's one thing thats a must have, it's DCT.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh it will! The Japanese never make jokes like that ;) CVT and MT would be ok, but only because MT ya knoww ;)
I thought CVT was the only option?

This concept is apparently going to be the new design language for all Nissan sedans

Doesn't say much about Infiniti though.

·
Registered
361 Posts
thankfully, Nissan and Infiniti are keeping their designs far apart from eachother. Toyota and Lexus has failed to do that. Too many similar design cues.

·
Registered
81 Posts
im starting to think this is more of a design concept for a range of Nissan sedan's and not directly related to a specific sedan like the Maxima as mentioned above

·
Registered
75 Posts
In some ways the design language of Nissan is similar to the design language of Lexus with the super angular headlights and taillights. It looks like that is creeping its way slowly into Infiniti but i could do with more faster. On the other hand, Toyota is pretty boring even though Lexus is cool. Same problem, but different.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The problem with your statement is that same design element can be seen on a lot of new cars. Cars from the same era tend to share A LOT of things. Proportions, design elements, design cues, the list goes on

1 - 12 of 12 Posts