Infiniti QX50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it gets to the end of the year, there is a cavalcade of top lists to sort through. Some of these lists are good ones, and other ones are bad ones. Unfortunately the Infiniti QX50 has found itself on one of the bad lists this time.

At 2,503 units, the Infiniti QX50 was one of the worst selling cars of 2014. There is a touch of good news in this since sales actually increased by 34 percent compared to the same period last year. A big percentage change on a small number doesn't really count for much though.

Check out the full list of the worst selling cars of 2014 through this link --> The 13 Worst-Selling Cars of 2014

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well....yeah, I mean look at it.

From the inside, it still has the goods IMO. Really nice cabin design aesthetically. Subtle. Sophisticated. It also has a really reliable engine, good performance and tech, but c'mon, the car hasn't changed much in almost 6 years and there are used EX's (and soon QX50's) everywhere dirt cheap. Aside from a name change, the car is virtually unchanged and looks two ages behind in exterior design language and it can't compete well against similar cars in the segment in fuel economy and interior room.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the car (that's why I'm here), but it's overdue for a cosmetic and perhaps engine upgrade.

·
Registered
361 Posts
That doesn't surprise me. The only time i saw a new QX50 was at the Infiniti dealer, i have yet to see any on the road and i'm on the road a lot

·
Registered
18 Posts
So did the Porsche 918 Spyder (MSRP $900K) at only 57 units. In the USA, there are many cars to choose from and the luxury vehicles do not sell as much. Plus production and pricing affects sales (as well as dealer network).

I just bought a 2016 QX50 and I found the local dealer was lacking (the sales office was in a portable trailer building). I went 35 miles away to a better equipped dealer. Used TrueCar pricing. I chose the QX50 because the engine and drive train attracted me to buy it. The others were FWD and or turbo 4 bangers. A V6 (the VQ37VHD--none the less) and RWD drive is more enjoyably for me. I passed on the normally aspirated 4 banger SUVs with FWD also (RAV4, Rogue, Subaru, CX-5).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased my QX50 from the closest dealership that is still over 35 miles away. On the drive to the Infiniti dealership I pass 2 Mercedes dealerships, 2 BMW dealerships, and too many Nissans, Toyotas, Honda, Fords, and Chevy's to count. If I had not liked the dealership I bought from then the next one was over 70 miles away. If you combine the sales of all types of Infinitis last year, I don't think they sold as many as just the Toyota Camry did. I was not surprised that just the QX50 would rate on the bottom of the sales figures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts