Infiniti QX50 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently picked up a new 2015 QX50 Journey AWD after an arduous search for a compact/sub-compact SUV. While I am generally pleased with appearance and overall performance I am somewhat disappointed in the sound quality of the Bose audio system. More importantly the bluetooth, or so I am told, has the tendency to pick up engine, wiper, road noise to the extent that it makes it nearly inaudible; I am told that when in use it sounds like I'm in a wind-tunnel.

Anyone experience this issue or other with the Bose sound system and/or bluetooth? I should note also that terrestrial radio quality is much superior to XM.

Thanks and I look forward to your feedback.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Haven't heard of any experience like this with the system.

What vehicles have you owned in the past with premium audio systems that you liked?

·
Registered
81 Posts
asking to try this out on other QX`s with the same system could help to see if this is `normal` but even then... it shouldn`t

·
Registered
81 Posts
that's horrible.
inquiring about this at dealers could help get the ball rolling on infiniti to do something about it
or at least get something done on a dealer level.

·
Registered
57 Posts
that's horrible.
inquiring about this at dealers could help get the ball rolling on infiniti to do something about it
or at least get something done on a dealer level.
That won't be likely, unless it's some safety issue where the NHTSA can be called in to enforce it, which this is not, then chances are slim to none.

·
Registered
4 Posts
On the 2016, the QX50 sounds okay, but doesn't seem to sound as well as my 2009 G37. Then again I haven't spent much time in it yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That won't be likely, unless it's some safety issue where the NHTSA can be called in to enforce it, which this is not, then chances are slim to none.
agreed...infiniti is horrendous at resolving issues. without a doubt the worst of all the car companies Ive dealt with...and I have owned a Ford!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts