Infiniti QX50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday the Q50 was confirmed with the M270 Mercedes engine from the CLA/GLA. Now it was also said to be expected in QX30, Q30 and Q60.

BUT

I have a feeling we could see the engine in QX50 as well as a low cost entry level engine...

what do y'all think?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Infiniti already has the EX25 and EX30 in other markets

The EX25 is a V6 engine that puts out about 235hp and 187 lbs of torque

Not bad. Usually comes with a 7 speed auto. It was released in 2010 and continues to sell in China, Russia and Ukraine.

The EX30 is a V6 diesel.

These are both cheaper models to the EX35.

But I do feel like a 4 cylinder turbo would be a great addition to to the QX50 line.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It seems like a logical move. They already have access to the engine. The only way I could see them using something else is if there was indeed another option. Anybody know if there are other engine options that Infiniti could put in the new QX50?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are the nissan 4 pots but i doubt infiniti uses them, Mercedes 4 cylinder is head and shoulders above any current 4 pot mercedes makes...

Rumor goes Nissan is even building the M270 at their Tennessee engine plant for NA spec Mercedes...

·
Registered
361 Posts
It seems like a logical move. They already have access to the engine. The only way I could see them using something else is if there was indeed another option. Anybody know if there are other engine options that Infiniti could put in the new QX50?
It can't change much for the current generations out going years but I can see something happening with the next generation model, they will need a wider range of engines for it. Some really fuel efficient, and others that aren't as much.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It can't change much for the current generations out going years but I can see something happening with the next generation model, they will need a wider range of engines for it. Some really fuel efficient, and others that aren't as much.
Ideally i would like to see the M270, VQV6 and a diesel sourced from Renault. That would be quite the competitive little package IMO

·
Registered
70 Posts
Do you mean "this engine" as in the diesel Renault engine?

There aren't any other Infinitis with diesel if I am not mistaken. I feel like that makes it less likely that a diesel QX50 will happen.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the M270 is in north america already. CLA, GLA, no confirmed for Q50. As for the renault Diesel thats just a wish list. I'd but the QX50 in diesel. Feck, the Q5 sells as a diesel and people love it...

·
Registered
361 Posts
the M270 is in north america already. CLA, GLA, no confirmed for Q50. As for the renault Diesel thats just a wish list. I'd but the QX50 in diesel. Feck, the Q5 sells as a diesel and people love it...
Just a big sign that Infiniti needs to get serious about diesels. I think they should be offering a mix of ways to have your Infiniti, 100% petrol, Hybrid or Diesel.

·
Registered
300 Posts
If Infiniti decides to do a 4 cylinder for the Q50 in north america I guess the M270 is within reach.

·
Registered
361 Posts
M270 is a really good option.
Seems like they don't want to send a diesel model to america, although it would have already been available by now from how I see it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
VW is saying they are seeing unexpected demand for Diesels in America right now...

you know that Diresct Injected engines produce more pollutants than Diesel, even though we've been fed direct injection as an efficient replacement equal to diesel tech...

could be a delay in NA release of a diesel in order to send all the techs to school.

·
Registered
300 Posts
well they are use to working on the same few nissan engines that have been around for many years

this new mercedes engine is unknown territory for them.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
all the automakers have regular technical training courses. They all went to school when all the wizard tech came out for the Q50 and they will go to school again to figure out diesels.

Or more likely the shops will have a couple dedicated diesel guys for engine work like the domestics have for the diesel pickups.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I used to work in a dealership and usually they'll have to send some techs out for training, it's a slow process if they want all techs to have the same know how. So in the beginning you can expect a slower process.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts