Infiniti QX50 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just purchased and picking up 2015 QX50 today. I live in Calgary Canada. I traded in my 2011 Audi Q7 as it was coming off warranty and has been quite expensive to maintain especially in the wear & tear department (new tires and brakes just after 2 years, thermostat problems, oil consumption high). So I decided to downsize to a smaller SUV. I've never been an infiniti owner but love the look and feel of qx50. One concern I have is if I'll miss the space I had in the Q7 which was a much bigger vehicle. I've read complaints that the leg room and cargo in Qx50 is a bit small. Does anyone have issues with their QX50?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maintenace?

Also, does anyone have any feedback on how reliable their qx50 has been? Any maintenance wear & tear issues? Is the every 8000kms scheduled maintenance costly?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Good job on getting rid of the Audi while it was coming off of warranty, I hope you at least got some good money for it and that you sold it privately to get top dollar, if not, that's fine.
Out of all your other SUV options and what you can afford, why did you go for an Infiniti and not another german vehicle? (just curious)

As far as issues go, I haven't heard of anything so far. But I do know the G37 has a battery drain issue and I am a bit concerned that just maybe the EX37/QX50 might have it too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi & Welcome
I've only had my 2014 QX50 for ten months so too early to tell about the reliability. The internet sites re reliability generally give it high marks. So far only one oil change @ 6000km and that came free with the purchase so not aware of costs. If costs are too high I may have it serviced through the local Nissan dealer, who I used for three previous cars & who also suggests, can service it cheaper than Infiniti.
I too love the look & feel of it!! As for space issues, I don't have big issues with it.....70% of the time it's just me in the car......25 percent myself & my wife.....only had the back seat occupied maybe 3 times and no complaints, although I'm all of 5'7" and my wife 5'3", so that helps!!
Check out the gas mileage post from yesterday under the thread...."Infiniti QX50 Mileage/MPG"

·
Registered
11 Posts
No...funny thing...I was at the dealer collecting info for my daughter & son-in-law who were looking for a new SUV. I had NO intention of buying at all but when the local Infiniti owner/manager threw such a GREAT price at me I started giving it some thought. I've always liked its looks and so I took it out for a test drive & couldn't help myself!! No regrets!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts