Infiniti QX50 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people. I am interested in purchasing at Infiniti QX50. I have read the reviews and going to test drive this weekend. I am coming from a Lexus and would like your opinions on reliability. Do you have any issues with your QX50 and do you recommend it? I live in Calgary and would like a SUV that is great for winter and summer. Is there anything you don't like about the Infiniti QX50?

Thanks in advance

John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum John.
What Lexus are you coming from?
Have you test driven a QX50 as yet?
I own a Lexus IS350 which i still have. I need something that is good in the snow. The Is350 is horrible even with winter tires. I have an appointment to test drive this Saturday.

·
Registered
300 Posts
The Lexus will probably be more reliable for you over long term but I don't think the QX50 is unreliable. The QX50 being FWD will be better in the snow.

You should have gotten an AWD Lexus IS.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I own a Lexus IS350 which i still have. I need something that is good in the snow. The Is350 is horrible even with winter tires. I have an appointment to test drive this Saturday.
Even with traction on?
I'm surprised to hear that? Is it too easy to slip or what?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have experience driving both FWD and RWD in winter, you can do both equally well, just depends how well informed you are with attacking both. FWD is just easier.

·
Registered
300 Posts
well that is why some folks might not like RWD for places that are snow ridden

RWD just requires more Patience and a careful foot.

in a FWD you just go ahead. worse is you understeer into a curb. lol

·
Registered
361 Posts
well that is why some folks might not like RWD for places that are snow ridden

RWD just requires more Patience and a careful foot.

in a FWD you just go ahead. worse is you understeer into a curb. lol
It does, I can see a lot of incompetent drivers not wanting to go for it. People willing to learn will be able to make it practical.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Me too, it made my day, we need more cops like that, too many douches on the road that don't know how to drive and have no consideration for others.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts