Infiniti QX50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Hello all,
Bought a new 2021 QX50 a week ago (Essential trim) 50k sticker price.

I got a very good price for my ford edge so traded it in. I do not find value in german brands since they do not hold value after 100k miles.
I already used lexus, and neighbor has acura rdx, so reasonable option would be this.

skeptical about CVT but not as bad - CVT revs more in cold, once engine is hot I did not notice as much drone noise.
Fit and finish is awesome. I was also skeptical about dual screens but once you start using them it makes sense.
I like the artistic sweeping design.

gripes,
  • no way to know if the vehicle started - when I remote start from the key fob
  • can not keyless unlock/open the rear doors.

overall still exploring the car and satisfied.
Let me know if you have any tips and tricks or anything interesting

thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is a Essential trim

frankly I don't like it at all. The CVT wining/droning ruins the experience of a premium car, the noise is more apparent in winter/snow and the car don't want to go any faster(its irritating).
Too much road noise for a premium car. Gas mileage is 21 mpg with premium fuel. The screen resolution is sub par for a premium 2021 model.

I like the build quality and materials used, but the car totally fails on one thing it should do right - driving experience. Not acceptable. Sorry for my rant and please lmk if anyone disagrees

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm sorry its not to your liking. I didn't want to criticize the new version, but I couldn't wait to get back into the old 3.7L after a week in the 2022 and I told the service manager so. It appeared he'd heard that plenty before. The whole CVT thing is ok for many but there's nothing sporty or enjoyable about it. It's comfortable enough, sits much higher and much wider than the 2017 which feels much more like a sport wagon than an suv. I mean sensibly driven I get 25mpg on longer drives in the 6cyl. Hammering it around town only 17.5 mpg. I much prefer the slap shift and rev match on the old version. I didn't know gasoline price would double when I bought it, oh well. Are you going to stay with it or look to get into something different?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do like many of the design elements on it
that is the main reason I bought it. But in this case I judged the book by the cover.
As soon as my friends drive this car they ask me is this how it suppose to drive ? I was dying inside but smiled
Just drive the acura RDX once - its sporty feels, alive and we enjoy the drive. I did not get it because of no touch screen(at the time when I was shopping)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well i hope you do appreciate the fit & finish as long as you have it, which I'm guessing wont be very long. End of '01 I bought an '02 Monte SS a Dale Earnhardt memorial purchase without test driving. It was very comfortable but got a bit boring so i traded it in on a wrx Subaru, which i traded on a 335i, which i traded on my qx50. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
96 Posts
The Differences are quite Astounding between the " up to 2017 " ( was no 2018 ) and 2019 to Present incarnations of the QX50 as this Thread exemplifies

As the Proud owner of 2016 . . .
Every time I get behind the wheel I feel like I'm Driving a Sport Coupe like . . .This

Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Grille

Built in Japan instead of at Nissan's Mexico Assembly Plant like the 2019 + models . .

On a FMS ( Front Mid-Ship Platform ~ with the VQ VHR 3.7 ~ 325 HP ~ behind the Front Axel ) like the 370Z

Having an AWD ~ it is 100% Rear Wheel Drive Biased ~ unless if needed ~ then the Fronts will engage

Sometimes on the Road and I see 2019 + QX50 and see ( Externally ) a better looking modern Crossover than my '08 technology and designed ( freshened for '16 & '17 ) First Generation EX EX35 EX37 QX50

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Checking the Trade In Value on the Internet ~ I can get Exactly what I Paid for the car exactly 3 years ago when it had just 6,700 miles on it ( has 28,900 miles now ) which is crazy ~
In part to the weird Market and assuming also due to the Desirability of the 1st Generation with it's Driving Attributes

Prior to the QX50, Drove the Wheels off an '03 First year Nissan 350Z ( only 287 HP out of the 3.5 )

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Land vehicle

And I gott tell ya guys ~ Short of sitting up a bit Higher in the QX50 . . . .

The Sensation is the Exact Same as the 2 seat Sports Coupe . . .

The Dynamics are all there . . .

Prior to Nissan 350Z, I was never really a fan of any Japanese MFG's Offerings . .

My Time and Miles Spent with the Z changed my mind and prompted the INFINITI Purchase based on:
Reliability, Performance, and Peace of Mind from a Car than can take my driving abuse and still go on mile after mile with no issues or problems besides normal wear items like Tires and Brakes . . .

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just had replaced a broken engine mount under at cost extended warranty thankfully. Dealership employee scratched up my back bumper real good and they did $2300 in itemized repairs, basically got a new rear end for free! Drives like new at 55k miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts