Infiniti QX50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Infiniti released this new video that promotes the QX50. The video shows a woman get into her QX50, throw her jacket on the passenger seat and drive down some pretty roads. And that's it. Not really sure what the goal here was, but it would have been nice to see a bit more purpose behind the video.

·
Registered
131 Posts
simply letting people know about the name change. The EX always sold well without advertisements and i dont expect QX50 to be any different. 90% of people don't read auto blogs or forums so mainstream advertisements is the only way to stem confusion.

·
Registered
361 Posts
simply letting people know about the name change. The EX always sold well without advertisements and i dont expect QX50 to be any different. 90% of people don't read auto blogs or forums so mainstream advertisements is the only way to stem confusion.
thats exactly how I see it, people will find out one way or another eventually. most are aware of the name change.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Some people will think it is a brand new vehicle since it has a different name. I don't think the ad does much to make you want to buy the QX50, but it does make people know that the product exists and that is another part of the battle.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Some people will think it is a brand new vehicle since it has a different name. I don't think the ad does much to make you want to buy the QX50, but it does make people know that the product exists and that is another part of the battle.
no they wont. They've seen the EX, they've now seen the QX50. If they can't put two and two together they deserve to be confused.

·
Registered
361 Posts
no they wont. They've seen the EX, they've now seen the QX50. If they can't put two and two together they deserve to be confused.
thats exactly it.
people will remember how it looks more than what it's badged as, people will immediately know its not a new car but question the name change.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't think that people are paying that close attention to the model line-up of Infiniti as you guys think. I think that people will recognize the look of the car (maybe) but with it getting a different name they will assume that something is new and different about it. I don't think that people will just guess that there was a name change and no other differences when they see this commercial. Plus I'm not sure that Infiniti would want people to only see the name change. It would work best for Infiniti if people thought it is a new vehicle. People are willing to spend more on things that they think are brand new.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I don't think that people are paying that close attention to the model line-up of Infiniti as you guys think. I think that people will recognize the look of the car (maybe) but with it getting a different name they will assume that something is new and different about it. I don't think that people will just guess that there was a name change and no other differences when they see this commercial. Plus I'm not sure that Infiniti would want people to only see the name change. It would work best for Infiniti if people thought it is a new vehicle. People are willing to spend more on things that they think are brand new.
people will definitely question whats new about it, why they should buy it over say a used QX37, etc.

good questions to ask.

·
Registered
300 Posts
unfortunately there isnt much different,

unless you are buying it in canada.

in that case its cheaper and the base model has been dropped.

still the same car though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"The new QX50, now cheaper, and that's it." What a great sales pitch. Making new commercials with a new name. It is basically rebranding to try to get some more attention for the vehicle. If sales go up without changing anything, really, this is genius.

·
Registered
361 Posts
"The new QX50, now cheaper, and that's it." What a great sales pitch. Making new commercials with a new name. It is basically rebranding to try to get some more attention for the vehicle. If sales go up without changing anything, really, this is genius.
I know it's not for sales, what ever extra sales they get from it, if they do, will be out of luck or poor competition (which i doubt there is)

·
Registered
131 Posts
what you have to understand is that Infiniti HAD to rename all their vehicles at the same time to stem confusion. I'm not saying people are actively following the infiniti scene but they have seen the vehicle out and about and they will recognize it in the ad.

Infiniti is making moves now to set their lineup for the future.... Its not as egregious as you think

·
Registered
361 Posts
what you have to understand is that Infiniti HAD to rename all their vehicles at the same time to stem confusion. I'm not saying people are actively following the infiniti scene but they have seen the vehicle out and about and they will recognize it in the ad.

Infiniti is making moves now to set their lineup for the future.... Its not as egregious as you think
this is true.
they do have to make people more aware of the changes, this is one of the best ways to do it without giving away too much info and useless info.

·
Registered
300 Posts
people will pick it up eventually. It looks like the same car which will throw some people off but its not too hard to do a quick google search to find out Infiniti changed the names of all their cars.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yeah they will, the new naming strategy is easy to understand, i wonder if dealers are explaining this to people

1 - 20 of 22 Posts