Infiniti QX50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 qx50 no nav. Sometimes when I get into my car and try to start it, as soon as I push the start button all the sysmbols on the dash light up I hear a click and then I lose all power to the car. I have to get out take off a battery cable and then power comes back to the car. This may happen 2-3 times before the car will start then everything is fine. I do have a remote start on the car but that has seemed to stopped working all together so I am thinking that may have something to do with it but I do not know. Any suggestions on what to do or look for?

· Super Moderator
130 Posts
Seems like you've already Identified the Culprit.

The " Aftermarket " Remote Start seems to be malfunctioning the normal proper Factory Start Up Sequencing.

The " Tech " ( kid at Best Buy or some window tint joint ) who sliced into your car's wiring and starter's wiring to install said Remote Start could have messed up some stuff.

Assuming the remote start was on the car when you bought it ?

If not ~ go to place that hacked into the wiring and have them fix their f up . .

See you're in Canada ~ eh ~ and a remote start seems like a good idea . . .

The Heated Seats in our First Gen QX50s get red hot really fast ~ so I can deal with a few minutes of chill rather than let some Remote Start Installer get all happy with the wire snippers on my QX50.

Seems like the remedy here is get that Remote Start Install Reversed . .

Hopefully that will be less painful than reversing a Vasectomy in terms of costs and hassle and such . . .

Welcome to the Forum !

At least when your 2015 does Start . . You got 325 Horsepower to make the driving experience fun

Make a Post in the Intro Section ~

We're a small group here but we do care enough about our QX50s to be here and share our enthusiasm, and tribulations

Again, Welcome,

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems like you've already Identified the Culprit.

The " Aftermarket " Remote Start seems to be malfunctioning the normal proper Factory Start Up Sequencing.

The " Tech " ( kid at Best Buy or some window tint joint ) who sliced into your car's wiring and starter's wiring to install said Remote Start could have messed up some stuff.

Assuming the remote start was on the car when you bought it ?

If not ~ go to place that hacked into the wiring and have them fix their f up . .

See you're in Canada ~ eh ~ and a remote start seems like a good idea . . .

The Heated Seats in our First Gen QX50s get red hot really fast ~ so I can deal with a few minutes of chill rather than let some Remote Start Installer get all happy with the wire snippers on my QX50.

Seems like the remedy here is get that Remote Start Install Reversed . .

Hopefully that will be less painful than reversing a Vasectomy in terms of costs and hassle and such . . .

Welcome to the Forum !

At least when your 2015 does Start . . You got 325 Horsepower to make the driving experience fun

Make a Post in the Intro Section ~

We're a small group here but we do care enough about our QX50s to be here and share our enthusiasm, and tribulations

Again, Welcome,
Thanks for the reply. It is not an aftermarket remote starter it is from Infinity and it has been on the car from the start. It just started to do this recently. Is there a way to disable the remote starter?

· Super Moderator
130 Posts
INFINITI Parts Counter Remote FOB that looks the Factory Fob. yes.

Installed at INFINITI Dealer, yes, they can offer it just like rust proofing, sound shield, fabric protection, and pinstripes

I get it.

This is still an aftermarket kit, and not a factory installed remote start.

Go back to where it was installed and hopefully they can stand by what they did and make things right. But, Good luck as this was 8 years ago if it was installed new back in '15.

I'm not a Car Electrical System expert, but I do know this:
Remote Starters are illegal in many countries for whatever reasons, deemed unsafe, I don't know, ?
So depending on the Country of Origin and Assembly, Remote Starting Systems from the Factory are Not available, German Cars I know this to be 100% fact.

I truly believe this to be the case on our 1st Generation QX50s that were assembled in Japan as well, as every investigation I did was always touting "Aftermarket" kits even if sold through an INFINITI dealership.

· Registered
49 Posts
If you run into issues getting the OEM to support (or they offer to poke-and-hope approach where you pay them to experiment), you can work with a local garage that has experience with electrical systems. At a minimum, the hourly rate will be less.
It does sound like you have an intermittent connection somewhere in the system. In the old days, you would go after the system grounds, but in our newer vehicles, there is a spider web of grounds and relays. If you felt sporty and wanted to do some initial experimentation, you could have a friend energize the starting system (i.e. push the button) while you apply gentle pressure to some of the connections starting at the battery. DO NOT DO THIS if you are uncomfortable working under the hood of a vehicle with the engine running.
Good luck and I hope you find the gremlin!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts