Infiniti QX50 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I've just purchased a 2016 Infiniti QX50 and have had the vehicle go into Limp Mode twice within 13 days. First time was after 4 and a half days of driving it so I had it towed into the Infiniti dealer to have it fixed. I was told the battery was not supplying adequate voltage on start due to cold weather so they put a better battery in the vehicle. If memory serves correct, the battery that the vehicle came with had 620 CCA and the replacement had 850 CCA. I live 3 and a half hours away from the nearest dealership so it takes a few days to clear a day off the schedule to go pick it up as I'm sure you can understand. It's a waste of a day just to get the vehicle after the repair is made. It's also a waste of time having to get a rental vehicle to drive while your 4 day old car is towed into the garage :( After picking the vehicle up I drove the vehicle another 6 days before it went into Limp Mode again. Called roadside assistance and the vehicle was towed into the dealership and I've been put in another rental.

I picked the vehicle up on Saturday, towed into dealership that Wednesday. Picked the vehicle back up on Saturday and drove it until Friday for a total ownership of 13 days...towed twice. Terrible, terrible, terrible. I will update when I hear from the Service Department what they claim the problem is now. Until then, please advise me if any other folks are having similar issues with their Infiniti.

Worst new vehicle I've ever had by far already.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update. I picked up my QX50 two weeks ago now and have had no problems since they changed a relay. I won't know if it's fixed until it gets to -30 Celsius which should be mid week this week. What an awesome SUV to run around in, sure hope it's fixed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts