Infiniti QX50 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Katy Perry will sing for the first time ever in China at the 2014 Infiniti China Brand Festival in Beijing. The event will take place on January 11 at the Beijing indoor Olympic Stadium. During the event Infiniti will promote its latest technology as well as upcoming vehicle that have been developed for the local market.

Starting in 2014, local production of the QX50 and the Q50 will take place in China. These models have been re-engineered for local market conditions.

Hope Katy Perry doesn't have to breathe while in China, because I hear that is near impossible.

·
Registered
14 Posts
China is crazy, pollution being that bad is definitely not a good thing, hopefully they're doing things to deal with that. I can see a lot of people getting a ton of health issues cause of this.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Visibility is affected by the smog because of it acting like a fog, but then there is also the fact that it stings your eyes (and any other open orifice.)

This PR stunt seems like an attempt to get the Chinese to forget that Infiniti is Japanese. They are hoping the Chinese like Katy Perry so much that they forget they hate Japan.

Is the smog always like that or just most of the time?

·
Registered
361 Posts
too bad you can't go fast because of all the congestion. so the best you'll get is like 10mph hehe
yeah which sucks.

i wouldn't be surprised if people have moved away from their to get away from it all. it's basically a slow death .

·
Registered
75 Posts
yeah which sucks.

i wouldn't be surprised if people have moved away from their to get away from it all. it's basically a slow death .
I don't think people are moving away from Chinese cities. People in the rural parts of China are so poor they want to move to the cities. And if people try to get out of the country that is hard because of money and getting the permission to leave the country as well.

I just wonder how China is going to combat this problem because it really isn't something they can just ignore anymore. Maybe the government there will start really pushing hybrid and electric cars.

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
I don't think people are moving away from Chinese cities. People in the rural parts of China are so poor they want to move to the cities. And if people try to get out of the country that is hard because of money and getting the permission to leave the country as well.

I just wonder how China is going to combat this problem because it really isn't something they can just ignore anymore. Maybe the government there will start really pushing hybrid and electric cars.
Tough to say what needs to be done but maybe a curfew needs to be in place, so people can still go about their commutes to some point but be limited as well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When they say that the Q50 and QX50 have been re-engineered for the Chinese market, does that mean that they've extended the wheel base of these models? Isn't that what the Chinese are always looking for?

The #BenefitsOfSmog would be a great twitter hashtag.

·
Registered
361 Posts
When they say that the Q50 and QX50 have been re-engineered for the Chinese market, does that mean that they've extended the wheel base of these models? Isn't that what the Chinese are always looking for?

likely they have been extended, if the Q50 was which it did, then theres a chance the QX50 got extended, but it's already at a good size, not sure how much more they need,

·
Registered
300 Posts

don't think there are any real benefits of smog.

they are just joking :)

I think the Q50 is extended

not sure if the QX50 is extended.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If its not the wheelbase that is being "re-engineered" with the QX50, then what would they have changed about the QX50? Maybe they just made it more lax on exhaust regulations to save money.

·
Registered
131 Posts
China usually gets worse engines than us as well. There is less attention paid to performance for the average consumer than there is here.

China is Capitalism on steroids, which is funny because their commies. Have your cake and eat it too?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts