Infiniti QX50 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone this is my first post. Want to say so far really like my new QX 50
I have 4000km on it in the last 6 weeks.
A few days ago started noticing a strange pause and slight noise when backing up. Feels like I'm running over something like a 2" stone I feel a little resistance and then it kinda pops and let's go seems to happen most when I'm backing out of a parking spot and turning the front wheels at the same time. Anyone else notice this?
Will take it back to the dealer if it persists.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes! I am noticing the same thing when I back out of my driveway. I keep thinking I am driving over the curb. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Weird. We don't have this issue on ours. And I just went out and tested a couple of new ones on the lot. I couldn't make this happen - with, or without the parking brake on (that's what my initial thought was when I read this thread). If you can make this behavior repeat, I'd take it to the dealer - or just show them when you're next in for service.

If this only happens once in a while, it could be Backup Collision Intervention kicking in. When that happens (from cross traffic or an object behind you), you'll hear the parking brake apply (kind of a whirring/grinding noise) and the car should stop. But what you guys describe does not sound like BCI.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts