Infiniti QX50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
No market for it. QX50 is an entry level compact SUV for families. I don't think performance is much of a priority or they would get the FX or QX60

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No market for it. QX50 is an entry level compact SUV for families. I don't think performance is much of a priority or they would get the FX or QX60
thats true but I still see some younger guys in these, it's pretty much the smaller Infiniti FX. It's like how some people buy a G sedan over M.
might just be a matter of time till we see performance CUV's go mainstream

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would have to agree with justspace it is already a hard market for these types of vehicle making it an ipl would just complicate things and make them suffer from costs.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know what the demand will be like but i don't see it happening.
it's more likely to happen with the next generation

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't know what the demand will be like but i don't see it happening.
it's more likely to happen with the next generation
Yeah that usually is the case but Infiniti might be just holding back at the moment with IPL until all their line ups gets refreshed.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah that usually is the case but Infiniti might be just holding back at the moment with IPL until all their line ups gets refreshed.
that sounds much more practical
but of course it depends what their aim is
they do have a heavy Formula 1 presence and did promote the Q50 alongside their Formula 1 car, which to me say a lot about where they want to go with their cars.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I hope they realized how badly the introduction of their IPL really bombed. I guess they are in behind closed doors working on something to regain the fan base for the performance models coming in at a later date.

·
Registered
300 Posts
That is because their IPLs aren't really that much better in performance. Kind of like how the F Sport packages are like for Lexus.

They are mostly visual.

·
Registered
57 Posts
the introduction of IPL's wasn't too bad
it would have been better if they did what lexus did, just right away they introduced a real performance model-the first time "F" was used- the Lexus IS-F

·
Registered
19 Posts
That is because their IPLs aren't really that much better in performance. Kind of like how the F Sport packages are like for Lexus.

They are mostly visual.
the F sport packages I felt were just a trim and were not really carrying any real performance gains. Hopefully something can change with the IPL models so it would be worth it to look in to buying.

·
Registered
300 Posts
They still have the actual F sport cars like the IS-F and the rumored GS-F

Infiniti needs real IPL cars and not just IPL trims and accessory packages.

·
Registered
70 Posts
People will buy it simply for the image of having a higher trim level. Is there going to be another higher trim level that offers more performance though? I haven't heard anything...

·
Registered
57 Posts
starting smaller and fine tuning everything then improving performance and adding things to make a car faster and better is the better way to go about things. do it the other way around and it will back fire big time

1 - 20 of 26 Posts