Infiniti QX50 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think that most people would spend that money on more trim, which is probably what Infiniti wants. If you were expecting to pay the $6,000 more for whatever model you wanted and now you can get it for cheaper, why not add on another trim level. It probably won't even cost you the full $6,000. I suppose some of the features in each trim level are undesirable to consumers though.

·
Registered
300 Posts
For 6k you can probably go up a few trim models lol.

And they already bumped up one trim for free by making the journey trim standard.

·
Registered
131 Posts
maybe, or people will look at QX50 and wonder why the price drop. Remember luxury shoppers are a different breed than normal shoppers. They equate higher price= better quality, regardless of if that is true or not. This could hurt QX50 in the long run.

not to mention once a redesign comes how will people stomach the price being raised back up...

·
Registered
361 Posts
maybe, or people will look at QX50 and wonder why the price drop. Remember luxury shoppers are a different breed than normal shoppers. They equate higher price= better quality, regardless of if that is true or not. This could hurt QX50 in the long run.

not to mention once a redesign comes how will people stomach the price being raised back up...
Good point, but this is a price drop, not like it started out like that. They could see this as Infiniti's way to generate sales. Plus it's more of a reason for them to get a higher trim.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The base models of most vehicles just aren't competitive as they used to be in Canada. For 2014/15's, judging by what I've read in several places on web, the different trim packages are not the same in Canada as the US. The Journey Premium package gives you all the good stuff in Canada that seems mixed into separate packages in the US. The Tech package I think is probably the same.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts