Infiniti QX50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Infiniti is developing a new vehicle architecture with Mercedes-Benz that will eventually underpin four new models. The news was revealed by the head of Infiniti Johan de Nysschen at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit this week.

Not many other details were given, but De Nysschen did confirm that one of the vehicles to be built on the new platform would be a crossover. One thing you can count on it these models being appropriate for both the American and the Chinese market. Infiniti expects China to be its largest market by the end of the decade.

Infiniti, Mercedes working on new vehicle architecture | New and Used Car Reviews, Research & Automotive-Industry News & LeftLaneNews

·
Registered
131 Posts
That news is SO old. We've been talking about it for months. Its the platform under the GLA/CLA and will be under the Q30/QX30. Although Infiniti has not said what the other two models will be...

·
Registered
300 Posts
It makes sense considering Toyota and BMW are working together

But yes its old news.

That is how the CLA, GLA, Q30 is being born.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That news is SO old. We've been talking about it for months. Its the platform under the GLA/CLA and will be under the Q30/QX30. Although Infiniti has not said what the other two models will be...
Weird that Left Lane News is writing about it if it is such old news. I do remember this being talked about already in the past. Is there not any new news as part of this story?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I heard something about a Q20, which will be interesting. seems like it could be a BMW 2 series rival. The Q50 and Q30 do see mid-sized, some compact luxury car would be good to have

·
Registered
131 Posts
maybe it was a slow news day....

I'd like to see them do a small sedan like the CLA... I think a 2 series rival would end up hurting the Q60 in the end...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that Infiniti would be smart to have an entry level luxury vehicle to compete with many of the new vehicles in this segment that other luxury brands are coming out with. Right now people don't see anything as a rival to the CLA. Other brands need to get a rival out ASAP because that "affordable entry level luxury" segment is growing and selling fast.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think that Infiniti would be smart to have an entry level luxury vehicle to compete with many of the new vehicles in this segment that other luxury brands are coming out with. Right now people don't see anything as a rival to the CLA. Other brands need to get a rival out ASAP because that "affordable entry level luxury" segment is growing and selling fast.
bmw 2 series, which Mercedes never had an answer for and frankly still don't.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I actually can't wait for the BMW 2 series gran coupe, it will be a great competitor to the Audi A3 sedan and CLA.

If the gran coupe comes RWD standard, it will definitely steal some potential CLA buyers.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I actually can't wait for the BMW 2 series gran coupe, it will be a great competitor to the Audi A3 sedan and CLA.

If the gran coupe comes RWD standard, it will definitely steal some potential CLA buyers.
Oh it will :D the A3 sedan will do enough damage. the problem with CLA is that standard features are so poor to help it break the $30K hard deck.

I really hope infiniti does small sedan on the MFA platform as well, retail for $25K it could be a great little option...

·
Registered
300 Posts
I think it depends on the models

The models like the A3 which are FWD to start with are a FWD based type AWD system. Go test drive one to find out!

·
Registered
361 Posts
I will, Im sure it will vary from car maker to car maker. Some might be good with AWD systems on cars that were originally FWD, some might not.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts