Infiniti QX50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all just wanted to post hello.

I'm coming from a g37 coupe, wife says its time to grow up and get practical. With a kid on the way the QX50 seems to be an excellent compromise between my G coupe and a full blown SUV, god forbid a mini van.

Wasn't the outgoing EX based on the same platform as the G37?

·
Registered
81 Posts
im not sure if the outgoing model is based on the G37 but i wouldn't doubt it, their wheelbase seems to be inline with eachother

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome to the forum! smart move for you guys to jump in to a middle sized suv for your kids sake I don;t even consider those seats in the back of the g37 well at least not for full grown adults.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome to the forum! smart move for you guys to jump in to a middle sized suv for your kids sake I don;t even consider those seats in the back of the g37 well at least not for full grown adults.
it's the best thing to do, i believe SUV's get better crash test ratings than cars, so it's just one more reason to go for an SUV over a car with a growing family

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's true you're further up from the ground and you have a better view around you but depends on the pillar design though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's true you're further up from the ground and you have a better view around you but depends on the pillar design though.
You do for the most part, it does put you in a better position than everyone in sedans and coupes that sit lower to the ground and gives you the advantage. Sometimes you just have to get used to the pillars being their and use the back up sensors and camera system to guide you if equipped with it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Seems like the trend is towards crossovers these days. They are a mix of style and function, unlike the larger SUVs and smaller sedans that usually focus on one over the other.

Did you actually pick up your QX50 yet, or are you still waiting/contemplating?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Seems like the trend is towards crossovers these days. They are a mix of style and function, unlike the larger SUVs and smaller sedans that usually focus on one over the other.

Did you actually pick up your QX50 yet, or are you still waiting/contemplating?
It's just a better alternative to a mini-van for growing families. Gone are the days of growing families just having boring boats to drive around, now, it's fun.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i think a true compromise between the g37 and a suv is the QX70
QX50 is more between a CUV and a G37, while the QX70 is more between an SUV and a G37. IF they only have one kid and aren't planning on many more, the QX50 should be fine. I love seeing the QX50 around town. I hope they refresh it soon though.

·
Registered
361 Posts
QX50 is more between a CUV and a G37, while the QX70 is more between an SUV and a G37. IF they only have one kid and aren't planning on many more, the QX50 should be fine. I love seeing the QX50 around town. I hope they refresh it soon though.
I think the QX70 can also be seen as a mid of the M sedan and an SUV if you get into the V8 trim.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The QX70 is much sportier than the QX50.

Coming from a G37 coupe.. The QX50 is going to put you to sleep.
It's still better than most SUV's in this class, but yeah if you're coming from a G37, going to the QX70 is a good upgrade. QX50 is sort of a downgrade.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I wouldnt say that

The QX70 is especially sport for its class
It competes with the Porsche Cayenne

The QX50 competes with grocery getters.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I wouldnt say that

The QX70 is especially sport for its class
It competes with the Porsche Cayenne

The QX50 competes with grocery getters.
thankfully the QX50 is a grocery getter with some sportiness to it, got love how Infiniti just didn't make it a crossover but stuck to it's roots.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QX50 and QX70 are identical underneath. They both ride on FM and both motivate from the VQV6

·
Registered
361 Posts
QX50 and QX70 are identical underneath. They both ride on FM and both motivate from the VQV6
They still share a good amount of differences, but you're right they do share a lot. Still got to love the QX70's aggressiveness over the QX50 and the optional V8 ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts