Infiniti QX50 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hit a huge pothole. The tire warning came on immediately saying I had a flat. Driving had a weird sound coming from the tire. Adding air did nothing - I can hear the sound hissing out. I know I have run flat.

1) should I go to the dealer or to a tire place to repair/replace?
2) this is obviously not under infiniti warranty (I have had the car for 2 months). Anyone know if insurance covers this?
3) do I need to replace two wheels at a time?
4) how much should this cost?

Thx.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And, just to add another question, do you think I should pay to replace all the tires with non run-flat ones and invest in a can of tire sealant instead? I made an appt online with the dealer for tomorrow morning but I want to do whatever is best. Somehow, I think running to the dealer may not be the best option. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thx.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ask the dealer what they'll charge for a replacement. Ask another local tire dealer. Get it from wherever you want. Doesn't matter.

I wouldn't replace with non-RF tires at least until you've worn down the stock tires. Why waste money?

Non-RF tires and a can of fix-a-flat probably would not have helped you here. In fact, you'd be towing your car since you can't drive on a flatted regular tire.

·
Registered
24 Posts
How many miles with the stock tires?? If they have more than 50% I would only replace one tire, less than 50% I would replace min. two on 2wd and all 4 on 4wd.

If you replace all 4 I would replace them with NON-RFT tires. They are cheaper and lighter for a much better ride.

Same like on the Q50. NON-RFT completely change the whole car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 6 of 6 Posts