Infiniti QX50 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Car Newbie here . i am tempted to test drive the new QX 50 as the car finally is no longer stuck in 1980s. However, i am totally confused between the trim options of Pure, Luxe and Essential. There is a big cost difference so if anyone can help me that would be great.

Thanks
S

·
Registered
15 Posts
It is confusing. My wife and I purchased the first one from our dealership. We went all wheel drive fully loaded essential with the autograph package. It’s really nice but the price point is high compared to the lower end models. I highly recommend you go to your local dealership and look at them first hand. Dealerships are finally getting a variety of them in at all levels. There are so many nice features on the car and we would regret not loading it up. When you look at the packages see which features are important to you. You can compare the three levels on the Infiniti website. Where it gets confusing is the color combinations and interior colors. I recommend driving a basic model, a mid level model and one that is fully loaded. The engine and transmission is the same.

The person that knows the most about all Infiniti models is the moderator for this site. He is a salesman for a very reputable Bay Area Infiniti dealership. You can PM him from this site. His handle is Sinecure. I trust his judgement and knowledge,

·
Registered
68 Posts
Pure = strippy. No roof, no heated seats, just a car.
Luxe = somewhat strippy but you get roof rails, pano roof, auto-dimming mirrors, blind spot warning, homelink on the mirror, option for heated seats
Essential = the one most people want. You get leather seats, a bunch of standard features, plus the ability to add packages like ProAssist and ProActive.

IMO, the sweet spot is the AWD version with ProAssist for ~$49K. Although I'll be getting the one with ProActive (so ~$51K) most likely when my Q50 lease is up next year. I like all the stuff in the Sensory package (especially cooled seats, black headliner and nice wheels), but not sure I'll spend the extra $5-6K to get that.

PS, if you're a niner fan and in the Bay Area, come see me. We have all of them in stock and I'll be happy to walk you through the various options.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wanted the Autograph package, but would have to wait till November to get it, so I got the next one down. Basically, in Canada, it is just the leather that is different and the blue trim inside. I really wanted that white quilted leather though. ;) But what I have is very nice (wheat leather, white car) and it was about $2000 less. So far have added the cargo cover. Will be adding the rear bumper scuff protector and "mudflaps" (they were not in stock when I purchased last week). Our roads are very messy in winter. Really nice liquid calcium chloride is sprayed on them. Good for removing unprotected metal. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts