Infiniti QX50 Forum banner

Clicking Noise on 2019 QX50

8K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  bigslickak 
#1 ·
I posted this in another thread but I think it belongs in its own thread.

Just got the QX50 coming from a Murano. I am learning to love it. The back seat is smaller and the center hump is not so comfortable for the middle passenger. But who cares? This is for me.

One issue, as I press on the accelerator and reach around 20 mph, I hear a faint clicking noise which goes away. It is loud enough to hear it over the engine but I can't hear it with the radio on. I haven't even had the car 5 days and noticed it right away. I REALLY don't want to have to take it to the local service center (I got it from a dealer an hour away for a better deal).

I also noticed that the car runs pretty loud when I was outside the car and left it running (as I went to drop off dry-cleaning). Anyone hearing this? Any suggestions?

#2 ·
Not so faint if you can hear it over the engine!
You can take your Infiniti to ANY dealer - not just the one you bought it from.
I use the remote start a lot - (WI) and keep thinking it didn't work because the engine is so quiet.
Wondering if you may have something up inside the engine compartment?
Might be worth opening the hood and taking a look underneath to see if anything is stuck in there...
I'm also wondering if a Nissan dealer might take a look at an Infiniti? Has anyone else done this?

#3 ·
I made an appointment with the local Infiniti Service Dept. for a diagnostic evaluation tomorrow at 10:30. They said a mechanic will take a drive with me to go over the sounds. I just hope it isn't like a doctor where, as soon as you get there, everything works properly again :).

#4 ·
"I just hope it isn't like a doctor where, as soon as you get there, everything works properly again" <<

HA! That NEVER happens...

We've had quite a few Infinitis - and the one thing that always impressed us was how quiet the engine was.
Often get comments from people about it - as we pull up to people and talk out the window to them - and valets too.
Hope you get it sorted out and keep us posted!

#5 ·
Of course the clicking noise DID go away already last night and again today on my way to the Service Center. They wanted me to wait around an hour just to assign my car to a tech who would then take a ride with me. Instead, I had the person at the desk come outside and check it out with me. She reasoned that it could have been a pebble or something that got dislodged after some driving. She said the engine sounded normal from the outside (I had thought it sounded loud - but maybe I was just expecting too much). Also, she sat inside, closed the windows and pressed on the accelerator. Again, she said the noise volume was normal. Again, I was expecting the car to be quieter based on the reviews. But maybe my old Murano and Maxima were already quiet so the difference in this one isn't so substantial.

I am definitely enjoying the car. But it is clear that the transition from Nissan to Infiniti is not that great anymore. Granted, a loaded Murano is probably not so much less than a comparable QX50 but the ride, sound and tech or not so different. I feel, though, that we are paying for some "prestige" in driving a luxury car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.