Infiniti QX50 Forum banner

Barely Any Power, Low Revs, Shaking Engine, Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL)

5K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  QX50ISH 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

So this past Saturday all of a sudden I was about to continue driving and I noticed the revs lowered probably to around (500-700 rpm), creating a shaking vibration in the engine and the car had absolutely no power at all, luckily I was close and only had to drive it a very short distance, but stepping on the gas the car would rev to about 2000 rpm and the most it would do will be 10-12 mph. Very close to where I was able to park the car the MIL light came on in the dash and shortly after that I got an email from Infiniti on this warning. It is a 2019 QX-50 it has 15k miles on it, all services completed, it wasn't the battery since I turned the car off waited for a bit and turned it back on, also the tow truck took maybe an hour to get there and it started normal once the tow truck was placing the car on the flat bed.
I haven't heard anything from the dealer, they've been working it on it a few days and say no diagnostic, I wanted to know if anyone else on this forum has experienced this before and might know what it is.

Thanks for your help!

#2 ·
Wowww 😳 not good at all sounds like computer brain I same issue but in 2017 Nissan Murano platinum after that I traded it in but fast forward too now I have 2019 QX50 essential preowned it had 13,000 miles when I got it right now I have 68,300 miles not issue at all I do a lot expressway driving, 🤔 only thing I done so far is brakes on front plenty of power for 4 cylinder I have factory 19” wheels but update me on what they find dealership 🥺 usually if I have issue with vehicle I trade it back in for something else 🤣

#3 ·
UPDATE:
Dealership could not replicate the problem, they consulted with Infiniti HQ and determined the auxiliary battery was dead. (Dealer said that aux. battery controlled a lot of electrical features in the engine such as injectors) They replaced that battery and it seemed to be like normal.
2 weeks later the same issue happened, I was doing 55 mph in a highway, accelerated to pass a car and immediately car started shaking, lost power and had to get off highway. Drove through streets very slowly until the tow truck came. Car went to the dealer and they replaced a cable in the alternator and another one for an injector. Been driving it on and off a couple of days and seems normal now.
I don't drive a lot, car barely has 16k miles on it so not sure what the wear from those cables was due to. The aux. battery could've been dead since I'm at the 3rd year of ownership and batteries last less down here in South Florida.

#4 ·
Hello Everyone,

So this past Saturday all of a sudden I was about to continue driving and I noticed the revs lowered probably to around (500-700 rpm), creating a shaking vibration in the engine and the car had absolutely no power at all, luckily I was close and only had to drive it a very short distance, but stepping on the gas the car would rev to about 2000 rpm and the most it would do will be 10-12 mph. Very close to where I was able to park the car the MIL light came on in the dash and shortly after that I got an email from Infiniti on this warning. It is a 2019 QX-50 it has 15k miles on it, all services completed, it wasn't the battery since I turned the car off waited for a bit and turned it back on, also the tow truck took maybe an hour to get there and it started normal once the tow truck was placing the car on the flat bed.
I haven't heard anything from the dealer, they've been working it on it a few days and say no diagnostic, I wanted to know if anyone else on this forum has experienced this before and might know what it is.

Thanks for your help!
I had issue like that with my Nissan Murano it was 2017 it turned out be computer brain 🧠 after it was fixed i traded it in two months later didn’t want go through that shit again

#5 ·
I just bout a used QX50 with the Autograph package. Got a great deal since it was sitting at the dealer lot for over two months and had several price reductions.

Of course the day after I purchased the car, it wouldn’t start because the main battery was dead. 100+ miles from home but luckily I had a portable jumper so I just jumped the car, went to autozone to grab a battery and headed back home to replace the battery myself. Of course no one has made any guides or YouTube videos on how to replace the battery so it took me a minute to figure out how it was mounted. So if anyone needs tips in the future, HMU, I gotchu! Lol

Anyways, the whole point of me replying is to say that even though I got the car started and driving, because the main battery was so dead, the car did lots of funky things during my 100+ mile trip home. There’s so many electronics that it seems the alternator cannot keep up with powering everything if you’re battery is in poor condition. It threw check engine lights. The cameras and sensors would become unavailable randomly. The worst was that the power steering was failing at slow speeds, and would make a loud click from the steering column with a corresponding loud thunk outside. No issues with acceleration.

Luckily I made it home fine, replaced the battery and everything returned to normal. I didn’t know until later on that there’s a second auxiliary battery. I hope that ones fine. I didn’t experience any of the issues OP was describing.

I hope we get more people using these forums soon. Would be great as these vehicles will inevitably break down, and to know how to mitigate issues without going to the stealership. I guess it will eventually happen once mine and everyone else’s warranties end and we’re left to our own vices.

#11 ·
Yes . A great forum .My Qx50 is at the stelership. Lol lol lol lol . Great line... I did have similar issues that OP posted . Output speed sensor soooo the dealership/ stealership is doing a valve job. 3200..$$$
Rpms slowed n wouldn't shift right , check engine light came on right after a 7 hr trip . Amen . Had it towed . It's been a month n waiting on parts back ordered and no one else would work on it . 65000 miles n got it 14000 miles . Love the Qx50 and Infinitis are usually no issue rarely . Love the forum too.

#6 ·
Yea cause I’m at end of mine didn’t know it had auxiliary battery hummmm. Where is it located I might change it just because 😼 put something stronger in there. 🤔 know what I mean yes I’m glad this forum is here I like hear 👂🏿 about issues before hand 🖐🏿 but I got 72,300 miles on mind 2019 QX50 essential brought it used with 12,000 miles it’s been good to me so far got all toys

#8 ·
Thanks for this graph I might have seen it cause I have subwoofer 🔊 and amp, during process I saw 👀 factory amp I think 🤔 I know where it’s at back there what exactly does this extra battery 🔋 power 🤔 I’m ask Tuesday when I go for oil change at Infiniti see if they tell me or lie 🤣

#9 ·
[CYTAT = "Tomek, stanowisko: 14467, członek: 4699"]
Tak, ponieważ jestem na końcu mojego, nie wiem, że ma wystąpią hummmm. Gdzie to się znajduje, mogę to zmienić tylko dlatego, że 😼 włożyłem tam coś mocniejszego. 🤔 wiem, co mam na myśli, tak, cieszę się, że to forum jest tutaj, lubię słyszeć 👂🏿 o problemach przed rozdaniem 🖐🏿 ale mam na myśli 72 300 mil 2019 QX50 Niezbędny przy tej używanej z 12 000 mil, do pory dla mnie dobrze, mam wszystko zabawki
[/CYTAT]

#10 ·
Czy rozwiązałeś problem z możliwością, że ktoś od kogoś "nie działa prawidłowo"?

Od czasu do czasu mam z tym problem...

Na początku układu, który stworzyliśmy od podstaw problem w oponach... ale w serwisie gdzie pojawia się komunikat, że pojawia się ten komunikat.

Później był problem z baterią (tylko 1 bateria w moim modelu), po jej serwisie w serwisie... ten problem nadal się pojawia.

Czy ktoś naprawił ten problem?

Czy to uszkadza komputer samochodu? A może jest to zwarcie w przewodach elektrycznych w pojeździe?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.