Infiniti QX50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have about 3500 miles now....5 months of owning. The auto steer feature started acting up after 1 month.
It will go from line to line, cross the line, start to go into a slight curve and then cross line and just go straight, put you onto shoulder, cross center line and take you into oncoming traffic. It went to the service shop and the engine light was not on so they didn't do anything to it. The salesman drove it for a week says it worked fine. I get it back drove it 24 miles and it constantly did not work. The salesman drove another one from the dealership and reported to me that it did take him all over the road. Well since the engine light is not on they wont look at mine. I am emailing them everytime I drive it and use it and it does not work to get 7 reported issues for lemon law.
My wife will not use it after it almost put us into the side of a semi on the interstate.

Is anyone else having issues with it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
question, are you talking about Auto Steer that is activated when you turn on the cruise control?

When I use cruise control there is a single up-tone sound indicating that it's activated and two down-tone sounds saying that it's been deactivated. (based on if it can see the paint on the road from what I can tell). While in cruise control and activated status, my auto steer is fabulous.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I suggest to turn off the auto steer in cars because I find it to be too "jumpy" and constantly making tweaks and just leave the notification on when I cross a line. To me this is useless technology. Just keep your hands on the wheel.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Some Thoughts

I have had no problem with the Steering Assist and LaneDeparture systems and I like them a lot when on highway trips. Some thoughts for youto consider. First, I assume some basics:
  • You have ProPilot Assist, which includes theSteering Assist feature.
  • You have opened the Driver Assistance app on thelower screen and enabled all the assistance features you are want.
  • You have also made sure the Steering Assist buttonon the lower left of your dashboard is also switched to “on” as shown in the main driver display. (Note if you shut it off the last time you drove the car, it will stay off the next time you start the car until you turn it back on with that button.)
  • Your hands are on the wheel (the system will warn you and then shut off if you don’t.)
  • Your windshield is relatively clear so the camera behind you review mirror can see ahead (so no heavy rain, fast wipers,or dirt!)
  • You have thoroughly read the Owner’s Manual section 5-108 as to how to use these systems.
The manual will tell you:
  • Steering Assist is only available when ICC (IntelligentCruise Control) is engaged (green status indicator), which means there is a carin front of you. It does NOT when conventional, fixed speed cruise control is on.
  • ICC is only supposed to be used at highway speed (over 20 MPH when set), and in conditions that have a clear view of the vehicles around you, and of the lane markings on the road.
  • Even in those conditions, Steering Assist does NOTwork below 37 MPH.
  • Also, the Lane Markers have to show up as green (visible) on the display, and the Steering Assist indicator is also green.
  • The steering system doesn’t work if there are abrupt chances in the road, just more gradual turns
With that, good luck, I hope you get it working.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Summarizing My Earlier Reply

In driving about today, I tested my Steering Assist and confirm my earlier post. The ProPilot system has to be engaged and ICC "set" which automatically turns on Steering Assistance, shown with the lit up steering wheel icon. When thus turned on, the system will work to keep you in the center of your lane even when you go around a gentle bend in the road. If not "set", the system will show when you go over the lane markers, buzz and tap the breaks a bit, but NOT steer you back into the lane.

So when you say the system is "dangerous", are you in fact using it properly???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts