Infiniti QX50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if the QX50 seats are faux or real leather. More and more manufacturers are switching to synthetic fabrics instead of real leather.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Even in luxury vehicles they are doing this? I would expect the real deal if I am buying from a luxury brand. Quick survey online makes me think that it is indeed real leather.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Infiniti has to indicate if they are selling you fake leather, Mercedes calls it MBTEX BME calls it Leatherette, regardless its more durable than real leather...

·
Registered
361 Posts
i never checked the tags or papers but it seems like real leather, i have sat in many leather seats and it feels like the real deal but i could be wrong

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
everything I search just refers to the seats as "leather"

I would assume they are real but just wondering if anything knew any better.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Some of the fake leathers are probably better anyway. More durable, easier to clean. I'm just saying maybe you should look into what the fake leather really is before judging.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Some of the fake leathers are probably better anyway. More durable, easier to clean. I'm just saying maybe you should look into what the fake leather really is before judging.
thats why i like them, some people just appreciate it more when it's real leather. i just care that it looks, and feels just as good or better. also that it's easy to clean and maintain.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ultimately I think that luxury cars should give people the option of real leather if people want to spend the extra money on it. I don't think that real leather is an option on the QX50.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Ultimately I think that luxury cars should give people the option of real leather if people want to spend the extra money on it. I don't think that real leather is an option on the QX50.
thats a good idea but imagine how it would complicate the manufacturing process, especially on cars like this, it would make your vehicle built to order and have you wait a while.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought we established the QX50 is real leather. Since there is no mention of it being synthetic or faux/

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yeah that's where it stops, suede is another good one but alcantara is more durable and seems easier to take care of.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts