Infiniti QX50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 and it constantly goes left or right when I hit a bump, and the alignment seems off regularly. I just had an alignment done and they assure me that all is well. I think that it may be the sway bar but would love some thoughts on this. It concerns me from a safety standpoint. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 qx50 we bought used with only 10k miles on it, has bridgestone turanza el42 p245/45r19 I have to same issue dealer says everything is normal and looks good. I drove a similar one from the dealer with less worn tires same issue. I suspect that the car has a more agressive tires or steering more sport inspired than luxury. Would be interested if anyone change tires and get different results.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I too have have the OEM Bridgestone Turanza EL42 P245/45R 19 tires . . .

Not a fan at all of these " TOO NARROW " tires . . .

The slightest " road grooves " gives a feedback to the steering wheel that hardly inspires confidence and sure handling . . .

With just 12,500 miles on my '16 QX50, it hardly warrants swapping out theses tires as there's plenty of tread left, and any decent tire swap will be about a $600 to $800 expense . . .

Curious if others here who have " upgraded " or changes tires can provide input on the matter . . .

Often times the OEM Tires are what the Manufacturer was able to get priced low in bulk quantity, despite the fact that it might not be properly suited to vehicle.

LQQKS like LQQX50 here needs more wheel time in the QX50 to wear those skinny Bridgestone Turanzas down and replace with a wider better handling tire when the time comes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same experience with 19 inch rims, and my son has the same with 19 inch rims on his Honda Accord! I switched to 17" rims for winter, and there is no more squirrelly feel at all, so for next summer I would move to 17s or perhaps 18s.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2020 QX50 with less than 5k in miles and I constantly notice that I am drifting to the right side. On the freeway going straight when I let go of the steering wheel, I can see the car heading to the right side. I took it in to the dealer and they supposedly checked and said everything is normal and within range. When I'm driving on the freeway it feels like i'm constantly fighting the car to get it centered. The car came with RFT tires, and I don't think they feel very grippy on the road. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
20 Posts
the 2007 to 2017 QX50's Platform is entirely different than the 2019 to Present QX50.

The earlier being a based on RWD, and the Later, a FWD based Platform.

Some basic things to consider on either platform is Air Pressure ~ perhaps side's tire is over or under inflated causing the pulling sensation.

Also, Road Grading, some roads are graded to assist water drainage so the road surface is exactly always level.

Steering Systems. The earlier RWD Based Models use good old fashioned Mechanical Steering vs. Electronically Assisted in the later 2019 and beyond models.

Wheel Balancing ~ Bent Rims ~ Pot Hole Damage ~ Strong Winds ~ Highway Aerodynamics ~

Plenty of factors can affect the Pulling Sensations in either model.

Frankly, I think both Models suffer from having too narrow of a set of tires on them out of the factory.

But narrow tires offer less resistance and better fuel milage ~ albeit minimal and they're cheaper than a wider beefier tire, hence the Factory's decision to go with the lowest bidder and cheapest tire ~ even if it is a known brand name.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2020 QX50 with less than 5k in miles and I constantly notice that I am drifting to the right side. On the freeway going straight when I let go of the steering wheel, I can see the car heading to the right side. I took it in to the dealer and they supposedly checked and said everything is normal and within range. When I'm driving on the freeway it feels like i'm constantly fighting the car to get it centered. The car came with RFT tires, and I don't think they feel very grippy on the road. Anyone else have this issue?
I had a 2019 qx50 and now a 2021. Same issue for me. Always drifting to the right. I recently set the steering settings to "sport", and this has helped a lot. Try it. Let me know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a 2019 qx50 and now a 2021. Same issue for me. Always drifting to the right. I recently set the steering settings to "sport", and this has helped a lot. Try it. Let me know.
I took the car in for all four wheel alignment. According to the tech all four need to be adjusted and they were off. Funny thing is I took it to the dealer and they didn't find that issue. I think the dealer just didn't want to fix it. Now it seems better. But I still think it's the tires as well. They just don't ride well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts