Infiniti QX50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a good replacement tire for the 2019 QX50? Mine came with Bridgestone Ecopia 422plus run-flat tires that now have 23k miles and are down to 2/32 tread depth. No shop around me carries a run-flat replacement for this vehicle - not even Costco. The dealer can replace the tires with the same tire (not a great option) at a $50 per tire mark up over the Bridgestone MSRP. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has anyone found a good replacement tire for the 2019 QX50? Mine came with Bridgestone Ecopia 422plus run-flat tires that now have 23k miles and are down to 2/32 tread depth. No shop around me carries a run-flat replacement for this vehicle - not even Costco. The dealer can replace the tires with the same tire (not a great option) at a $50 per tire mark up over the Bridgestone MSRP. Any suggestions?

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/Tire...kipOver=true&minSpeedRating=H&minLoadRating=S

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the recommendations, but mine are 235/55RF19. My 19" rims make it even more difficult. I found that the only tires that were compatible were the same trash tires that came with the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2017 QX50 with 19" factory rims running Kuhmo premium 245/45/19 not a bad tire but not the best avoid touring and try All season sports go to Tire rack on the web they will ship for free you are running a very odd tire size so your options are very limited. BFG compforce 2a plus is a good choice or for the best Michellen Pilot 4's they are expensive biut the best you can run a 255/45/19 and it fits good tires less road noise excellent performance all way round and grip just a little expensive but you get what you pay for why put a $100 tire on a thoroughbred

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the 20 inch wheels and just replaced the bridgestones which were pathetic with the Continental DWS 06 + 245/55/20 and they are 10 x the tire. Didn't even get 20k out of the bridgestones and they were like driving on the rims feeling every pothole and bump in the road. I don't know why a luxury car maker would put such junk on their cars. I had the same tires on my Lexus GS350. The Continentals are excellent so far but it's only been a few hundred miles. I had a couple of sets of the DWS 06's on my Q50 and they were awesome.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I went too tire shop they ordered me 4 brand new tires $500 forgot name of them 🤦🏿‍♂️ But I researched them before buying I would never 👎🏿 buy tires from Infiniti have them laughing at me like yep we got another one 🤣

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently purchased a used QX50 with the Autograph package so I have the 20” wheels. It was a lease return and I’m assuming the dealer had to replace the tires before they listed it for sale, but in the interest of maximizing profits, they didn’t want to fork out $$$ for the OEM run flats.

I honestly didn’t even really pay attention to the tires when buying the car, even though I was carefully checking each rim making sure there was no damage. Priorities…Lol

Anyhow, I later noticed the brand and have never heard of them before. The tires on my car are the “Laufenn S Fit AS Ultra High Performance All Season Tire”. About $130 a tire.

To be completely honest, if I was the one replacing the tires, I probably would have been sketched out based on the low price point and brand, but so far they have been performing really well. They look great, have an excellent tread wear rating, and they ride smooth and quiet. Pleasantly surprised they are comparable to a lot of the pricier performance tires I’m use to.

Anyways. It’s not like I bought a QX50 to take to the track. This is my early-30’s-mid-life-crisis-time-to-grow-up car. The tires do a great job balancing performance and a very comfortable ride and certainly will be a huge improvement to any run flats. In my case, I think when it’s time, I will actually stick with the Laufenns.

So there’s my recommendation, in case the OP is still looking for tires 9 months later 😆

1 - 8 of 8 Posts