Infiniti QX50 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have never owned an Infiniti (was a Buick, GM and Chevy girl) so my husband talked me into test driving the QX50. I decided to purchase this 2020 Hermosa blue in June. I purchased and parked it since I had my corvette to drive all summer. I just started driving the QX more often since it's time to store my vette for the winter. I now have 1500 miles on this QX50 and the smell in my garage after it sits for a few minutes is horrendous!! I use 93 octane Sunoco gas and I don't run her hard. We are visiting the Canton OH dealership next week to see what the issue is. When scheduling the service visit the service manager mentioned that there is no recall and they have never heard of the 2020's having this issue. I pray that I didn't just make a $50,000 mistake.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having the same issue with my new 2020 QX50 with the fuel smell when parking inside the garage.
Infiniti dealer says it find or doesn't smell of fuel. but they did say that other owner have complanit about the fuel smell inside the garage.
they past this onto the infiniti engineering becuase they don't know what to do.

has any had this issue and have you had it resolve.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having the same issue with my new 2020 QX50 with the fuel smell when parking inside the garage.
Infiniti dealer says it find or doesn't smell of fuel. but they did say that other owner have complanit about the fuel smell inside the garage.
they past this onto the infiniti engineering becuase they don't know what to do.

has any had this issue and have you had it resolve.
I have the exact same issue. After driving it smells inside/outside the car and literally fills up my garage until it cools off. Purchased in January and it has been in the shop 4 times since then trying to get the issue resolved. Also talked to Infiniti consumer affairs. They know it's an issue. The gas smell is coming from the dipstick area under the hood. If you check the front grille after driving, it is concentrated on the passenger side. It's a problem with all 2019 models with the new engine as the loaner I had did the same thing. I was told there was an "engineering fix" they wanted to try on my car and they sent a tech from the USA office to my dealer. What I thought was going to be a fix turned out to be a "we're still trying to figure out the issue" conversation and I was told it is currently under"engineering review" with Infiniti. Even though I told them where the smell is coming from, they proceeded to change the EVAP canister hose, which is in the back of the car next to the gas tank...smh. That tells me they don't have a clue on how to fix it yet and are just doing something to say that they are trying. I'm calling consumer affairs back tomorrow to let them know this was a waste on my time and didn't change anything. Please keep on them as well as they have a real problem and I'm afraid it might be a safety issue with the fumes.
Infiniti is still saying under engineering review. I have the same issue, they just admitted where it's coming from the crank case curcuit. which is located around the oil dip stick. they still don't have a fix. under engineering review. it could take up to 3 months. this is BS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone have any updates on the gas odor issue? Is there an engineering fix yet for this issue? Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
They
Infiniti is still saying under engineering review. I have the same issue, they just admitted where it's coming from the crank case curcuit. which is located around the oil dip stick. they still don't have a fix. under engineering review. it could take up to 3 months. this is BS.
They have the fix and it works ! no more fuel smell it took them a year to figure it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Call youir dealer they have the fix for it. i just had my car done 3 week ago and we now have no issue with fuel smell.

Can you elaborate at all so that we can tell our dealers more about it if they are not yet aware?

What did they say was wrong/what did they fix? Did they replace any parts, tighten a hose, or??

Many thanks for any further detail you can provide, this is the first ray of hope I've found related to the awful gas smell in and around my car!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts