Infiniti QX50 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about 3 weeks ago I started having a problem starting in the morning. The brake pedal is hard with little give to allow me to start the car. Have to really press hard to get the starter to engage. Anyone else experiencing this? After the first start of the day it works as normal until the next morning.

· Super Moderator
130 Posts
having a '16, I too find that upon some Starts, yes, I too, do really need press the Brake Pedal hard to get the starter button to engage the Starter.

Our 1st generation QX50s ( '08 to '17 ) are rather trouble free.

Others have mentioned something along these lines in other threads where having a Brake Fluid Flush done every 30,000 miles or so will help our Braking System function to the optimal performance.

· Registered
49 Posts
You may want to check your brake booster. This unit is supposed to hold vacuum after your engine is turned off, which will allow you to depress the brake pedal "normally" one to three times before the pedal gets hard.
If you are not comfortable doing your own brake work, that's OK - have a pro check the booster to see if it is leaking down overnight. The part itself is not expensive (2014-2017 Infiniti QX50 Brake Booster - Replacement 912-569 - - PartsGeek.com ) - but the labor to replace it, if needed, can be pricey.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You may want to check your brake booster. This unit is supposed to hold vacuum after your engine is turned off, which will allow you to depress the brake pedal "normally" one to three times before the pedal gets hard.
If you are not comfortable doing your own brake work, that's OK - have a pro check the booster to see if it is leaking down overnight. The part itself is not expensive (2014-2017 Infiniti QX50 Brake Booster - Replacement 912-569 - - PartsGeek.com ) - but the labor to replace it, if needed, can be pricey.
That has been my thought since day one. Just have to make an appointment to get it checked out. At least it is still in warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts