Infiniti QX50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

New owner here. I have the halogen headlights that are SO terrible that I can no longer stand it. Has anyone replaced the bulbs with more powerful ones or HID upgrades? I should have bought one with the OEM HID but they had none left on the lot when I bought.

I tried getting to the headlight to see what was there, but it was nearly impossible to get my hands in the tiny space. Owners manual says to take to dealer to replace bulbs! No way would I pay for that "service."

Any insight? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, I am almost on the same boat! However, I have the low beam HID, others are halogen and was wondering if it would be possible to replace the halogen with HID without convertors. (Infiniti QX50, 2015)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know that this is an old post so I'm hoping there is some good experience out there. My 2017 (new to me) QX50 has a very noticeable black line in front of the vehicle on low beam that the light does not shine above. It's troubling on a flat road at night (a previous poster said he was tired of getting to the headlight to see what was there) but going down into a dip only the bottom of the dip is lighted not the road going up out of the dip which doesn't get light until the car begins to pitch up leaving the bottom of the dip. Dangerous!!!

Are the low beams adjustable?

What's the best replacement?

·
Registered
3 Posts
See the above post. I forgot to mention the car has the touring package and I think that means HID Zenon headlights. I think those are the high beams and not the low beams. In that case would the low beams be Halogens? Is that correct?

The question then remains: are the low beams adjustable?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts