Infiniti QX50 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is a 2016 Qx-50 TBH I don't have a clue on what is causing this issue. So the touch unlock from the outside works perfect and I can see the driver side inside lock indicator in the handle move. Car open's from the inside but when trying to open from outside the door just wont open at all. I can see the Locking actuator move, when the inside handle is pulled but There's no movement when outside handle is pulled. Everything outside door handle wise looks to be in one piece. Any ideas? before is goes to dealership on the 12th.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Only thing I could suggest is possibly pulling off the door panel from the inside which is fairly easy to do, and looking inside to see if maybe the cable that connects the door latch to the handle is somehow popped off. I can’t imagine this has anything to do with it being involved with the electronic touch sensor. But keep us posted…

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only thing I could suggest is possibly pulling off the door panel from the inside which is fairly easy to do, and looking inside to see if maybe the cable that connects the door latch to the handle is somehow popped off. I can’t imagine this has anything to do with it being involved with the electronic touch sensor. But keep us posted…
I took the door panel off. To find out that there is another metal sealed bolted plate behind the door panel where everything is housed I didn't want to break the seal because that might void warranty. Do I'm SOL on that. It goes to deler tomorrow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What did they find out about the door?
So the dealer ended up covering everything under warranty they replace the Locking actuator and some kind of bracket that's on the inside right behind the door handle. The initial part that broke with the bracket right behind the door handle thankfully it was under manufacturer warranty. 👍

·
Registered
2 Posts
So this is a 2016 Qx-50 TBH I don't have a clue on what is causing this issue. So the touch unlock from the outside works perfect and I can see the driver side inside lock indicator in the handle move. Car open's from the inside but when trying to open from outside the door just wont open at all. I can see the Locking actuator move, when the inside handle is pulled but There's no movement when outside handle is pulled. Everything outside door handle wise looks to be in one piece. Any ideas? before is goes to dealership on the 12th.
My 2016 QX50 has this same problem. It all started after I got a new battery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This happened to my 2015 qx50 after a snow storm. The door was freeze, so I pulled the door, that cause the door won’t open from outside and close. It cost me $1028to replace the actuator. That thing is one piece part. The part cost almost 800 and labor costs around $200.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts