Infiniti QX50 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So here is what I know about the Infiniti QX50 so far.

The QX50 is not a new model, it simply has a new name because of Infiniti's new naming scheme. All vehicles start with the letter Q and SUVs begin with QX. While the QX50 is not a new model, the renaming gives Infiniti the chance to add in some new features or design at a time of change. So we can all be excited about that possibility.

One likely change is making the Bluetooth standard instead of an option. This is because everyone has a smartphone these days. Similarly, we may see some other options become standard as well, like all-around viw cameras, blind-spot monitoring, and forward collision warning. Probably not all of them, but probably some of them.

Likely nothing new with the engine, but there is always a chance that a hybrid model will be released.

Does anyone have any other details or speculation on the 2014 Infiniti QX50?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I know there will be a redesigned model that will be consistent with the new design as seen on the Q50 and upcoming Q60, just not sure when...

·
Registered
57 Posts
so a redesign should be due by 2014-2015, the EX started production late 2007 as a 2008 model. a 6-7 year production run seems like enough for me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
So we are thinking next year or the year after for a redesign? I can deal with that. Infiniti has nice cars now, but I think in 3-5 years their design aesthetic will improve and they will have even nicer cars.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So we are thinking next year or the year after for a redesign? I can deal with that. Infiniti has nice cars now, but I think in 3-5 years their design aesthetic will improve and they will have even nicer cars.
It's really not about their design aesthetic improving, it is more about them using their new design language on all of their vehicles. They are rolling out the new language onto each of their vehicles one model at a time.

·
Registered
361 Posts
in 3-5 years time you'll just see slight adjustments made to the new design as seen on the Q30 and Q50 and that's it.
from model to model there will be bigger differences.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts