2019 Gas odor inside and outside the car - Page 2 - Infiniti QX50 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 Old 04-15-2019, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have had my QX50 for 3 weeks now and have noticed a gas smell as well. By the looks of it there is no use booking it in until there is a fix. A luxury vehicle smelling like gas is not good! Hopefully Infiniti will address this!
post #12 of 22 Old 04-23-2019, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
update?

Any update on your arbitration?
post #13 of 22 Old 04-26-2019, 10:06 PM

I just purchased a2019 QX50 and the gas smell inside my garage is so strong it filled up my entire house as well. The dealership is telling me they know about the problem and there is nothing they are going to do about it. They relay a message from infiniti canada that it is safe. I am shocked about this!!

post #14 of 22 Old 05-07-2019, 05:27 PM

Infiniti is buying back my car due to this issue. They do not have a fix for it.
post #15 of 22 Old 05-20-2019, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian f View Post
I just purchased a2019 QX50 and the gas smell inside my garage is so strong it filled up my entire house as well. The dealership is telling me they know about the problem and there is nothing they are going to do about it. They relay a message from infiniti canada that it is safe. I am shocked about this!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blades9911 View Post
Infiniti is buying back my car due to this issue. They do not have a fix for it.

Um there are couple of quirks with this car. In mine there is foul plastic smell (it does not smell as gasoline to me) that comes from my AC when air is coming from outside and this happens on a hill for some reason.Also I noticed when dual climate is engaged AC will not happen at all, if one was 18C and other is 25C. You have to pull over turn sync on the AC, turn off car for few minutes and THEN will work correctly (and even that is nothing compared to my CR-V that I used to have.It was +22C outside in my car it was +30C so I just opened windows. I do recommend to keep air flaps from outside shut. I regret leasing this car.I also love the joke of the average km per 100km. Gasolive is costing me 220$ a month for gasoline I do 250km per week. I have feeling that Infinty is not supporting this model and they know about its shortcomings.Now in Canada there is no lemon law like in US.This car feels like lemon to me.It is sad that we need to come to these forums to share our negative experiences instead these should be FIXED prior releasing a car to a public.This will teach me a lesson never to buy first year car, this my first and last Infinity.I really hate to be a guinea pig.Most likely year 3 of lease, will purchase another car and leave this one in garage for a year or get out of a lease.What is really sad that advert is barely on TV
post #16 of 22 Old 06-05-2019, 03:35 AM

About to pick up our qx50 tomorrow - should we cancel? I have severe asthma and worried about these odor complaints. Is it really that common? Is it worth the gamble? I love the comfort of the car but really worried about some of the complaints especially odor. Thanks
post #17 of 22 Old 09-17-2019, 07:43 PM

Only have had the car for a few months and noticed the gas smell, it’s horrendous , I suffer from migraines and this is definitely a trigger. I will be taking it in this weekend.
post #18 of 22 Old 09-25-2019, 07:35 PM

Infiniti has no solution to this problem and bought back my car from me.
post #19 of 22 Old 02-25-2020, 02:39 AM

I have had the car a full year now and the gasoline smell has not been a problem, except for tonight. I had to go down and look for something in the QX and as soon as I opened the door it just reeked of oil/gasoline soaked rags inside the vehicle. It did not smell outside the vehicle in the garage. This needs attention.
post #20 of 22 Old 10-16-2020, 07:43 PM

I’ve had my 2019 qx50 for over 2 years and have had multiple issues. When the engine has been running for a while and it is hot outside (SoCal so always hot), I smell gas. After driving across the country I noticed the gas smell
was bad and I could not get my gas tank to fill up past 3/4 of a tank. Other issues include: random collision braking, misaligned lift gate that is rubbing the paint off the top of my car and squeaking terribly, and my car lost power last week after driving for about 20 minutes on the freeway. I could floor the pedal and the tach would not go up and car would barely get up to speed. Car is at dealership now and they have called to see if they can drive it longer and harder over the weekend to try to duplicate the gas smell. I was told the random braking is just part of having a collision sensor, as it can misinterpret light flashes as a car. Waiting to hear about the lift gate because they have to get regional approval to repaint.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page