LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 Old 09-26-2019, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reply to JK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twam911 View Post
You work for Nissan/Infiniti right? JK....
No, in fact I have no ties to Nissan/Infiniti other than being a customer. I see there is at least one Infiniti sales person who often answers questions, but he clearly identifies himself as such. I am an engineer by training, so I tend to dig into specs and statistics, etc, and I wanted to see if my disappointment in the MPG of my 2019 QX50 was warranted.....so I dug into it as described in my post.
post #22 of 24 Old 10-15-2019, 07:41 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thx for information
post #23 of 24 Old 10-16-2019, 12:59 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My 2019 QX50 Essential is getting around 21 MPG with a little over 1000 miles. Hoping after further break in it will do better. Disappointed so far.
stepkau likes this.

post #24 of 24 Old 02-14-2020, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Updating my "Better Than You Think" post, I found a MotorTrend web site that attempts to measure real world MPG for many models. https://www.motortrend.com/real-mpg/ It shows the QX50 getting 21 mpg city, and 29.7 hwy, vs 24 and 30 per the EPA. So yes, again, it is getting less than the EPA prediction at the city end and very close at hwy conditions. Of the competitors I listed in my previous email, only the Acura RDX and Volvo XC60 are rated for 2019. Both get close to their EPA ratings for city driving and a bit better on the hwy numbers. HOWEVER, the actual performance of both is slightly lower than the QX50 at city speeds, and about the same at hwy speeds (ok, RDX is a little lower at hwy speed and XC60 slightly better). So I again conclude that while the QX50 doesn't meet its EPA predictions, it is generally about as good or better than its competition.
Jeffpeds likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page