Infiniti QX50 Forum banner

Car randomly went into neutral then back to drive

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  jennadt 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I don't know if anyone has had this issue, it scared the @$%^& out of me. I was at a red light, it turned green. No one was in front of me, no one was in any danger of a collision (everyone was in there lanes as normal). While accelerating the collision warning lit up everywhere and beeped, the car went into neutral & braked. Once the collision alarm beeped about 4 times, the car went back into drive...all on it's own. :eek: In fact when this happened my body lurched forward like someone stomped on the brake.

I looked down at the gauge cluster (screen behind the steering wheel) and watched it go from "N" to "D".

Anyone else had this issue happen?

#2 ·
After going to the dealership they said the codes they pulled shows a failure in the shifter & they have ordered a replacement. They gave me the keys to my car and sent me on my way. On the way home no cars around me and the collision warning came on again but didn’t go into neutral. So at this point I don’t feel safe driving the car. I called the dealership and left a voicemail for the the service manager telling him what’s going on.

They also stated that my car is the 3RD shifter that has failed for the 2019 QX50 at their dealership. I like (but am suspicious) that they’ve already ordered the replacement but, the fact they didn’t put me in a loaner confuses me.

#3 ·
my dealer will give loaners to me whenever I am getting warranty service done. Not sure if it's just how this dealer works, or if it's because I purchased an extended warranty AND prepaid service agreements with Infiniti. I've been in a loaner for almost a month while they wait for a part for a rattling sun roof..

#5 ·
Hello everyone, I don't know if anyone has had this issue, it scared the @$%^& out of me. I was at a red light, it turned green. No one was in front of me, no one was in any danger of a collision (everyone was in there lanes as normal). While accelerating the collision warning lit up everywhere and beeped, the car went into neutral & braked. Once the collision alarm beeped about 4 times, the car went back into drive...all on it's own. :eek: In fact when this happened my body lurched forward like someone stomped on the brake. I looked down at the gauge cluster (screen behind the steering wheel) and watched it go from "N" to "D". Anyone else had this issue happen?
Yes this has happen to me 4 times since i brought this car, it happen to me yesterday and it was scary as hell

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.