Issue when backing up - Infiniti QX50 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-15-2019, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Issue when backing up

Hello to everyone this is my first post. Want to say so far really like my new QX 50
I have 4000km on it in the last 6 weeks.
A few days ago started noticing a strange pause and slight noise when backing up. Feels like I'm running over something like a 2" stone I feel a little resistance and then it kinda pops and let's go seems to happen most when I'm backing out of a parking spot and turning the front wheels at the same time. Anyone else notice this?
Will take it back to the dealer if it persists.
post #2 of 3 Old 06-19-2019, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes! I am noticing the same thing when I back out of my driveway. I keep thinking I am driving over the curb. Thanks for posting.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-22-2019, 04:16 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Weird. We don't have this issue on ours. And I just went out and tested a couple of new ones on the lot. I couldn't make this happen - with, or without the parking brake on (that's what my initial thought was when I read this thread). If you can make this behavior repeat, I'd take it to the dealer - or just show them when you're next in for service.

If this only happens once in a while, it could be Backup Collision Intervention kicking in. When that happens (from cross traffic or an object behind you), you'll hear the parking brake apply (kind of a whirring/grinding noise) and the car should stop. But what you guys describe does not sound like BCI.

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

I currently drive a Red Sport Q50 AWD. Wife has a '19 QX50 w/ ProActive. New QX50 likely my next vehicle when Q50 lease comes up.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page