1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sinecure

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 06-06-2019, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Memory Seat Issue

2019 QX50 Essential 7 months old. When I turn off ignition and open door, seat slides back and steering wheel rises (as it is set to do). When I get back in and start car, steering wheel lowers but seat does not move forward to memory position 1. I need to press memory 1 to get it to move. This just started a few days ago and is sporadic. Any ideas?
post #2 of 6 Old 06-09-2019, 07:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
weird.. no idea.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-11-2019, 09:46 AM

Don't know for sure about the 2019 but our 2017 has a procedure one follows to program the key fob to the car so that it remembers the setting of the person carrying the fob. It is not super consistent as it seems to work for my fob but not always for my wife.
In other words, I will unlock the car using my fob and the seat and wheel will adjust to my settings (M2). Often times when she unlocks it does not move her seat to her settings (M1).
Regardless, you might take a look in the owners manual for the programming sequence (it was pretty hard to find in my manual).
Best of luck.

post #4 of 6 Old 06-12-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbwillgrubs View Post
Don't know for sure about the 2019 but our 2017 has a procedure one follows to program the key fob to the car so that it remembers the setting of the person carrying the fob. It is not super consistent as it seems to work for my fob but not always for my wife.
In other words, I will unlock the car using my fob and the seat and wheel will adjust to my settings (M2). Often times when she unlocks it does not move her seat to her settings (M1).
Regardless, you might take a look in the owners manual for the programming sequence (it was pretty hard to find in my manual).
Best of luck.
I think this is correct answer. The car will reconize the FOB after it has been set then when you get in with that FOB it goes to that setting.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-13-2019, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

It's a good thought but not the answer. I had already set it a while ago. This is only intermittent. I am now thinking it is because I have my Airpods in the same pocket as my keyfob which may be causing interference. I have to do more testing.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-22-2019, 03:05 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Nope. 2017 and 2019 don't have much in common, and seat memory is one of those things. You don't link keys to seat settings the same way any more.

The best thing you can do is to create a user in Intuition. With the car on, using the lower screen, touch the right arrow to get to the second screen. Touch Intuition. Turn on Intelligent Key Link. Create a new user - choose an icon, link it to your key. You'll now need to go through the process of setting all your personal settings again (sorry, it remembers temp, radio stations, auto steering heater, etc.).

For the most part after that, it will link your settings to your key. Sometimes if someone else drives the car, you may need to press the physical button on the door to get seat and steering back to where it belongs.

FWIW, you can create users for others who drive your car. My daughter loves this feature. She has all her radio station presets and all she needs to do when she gets in is press the user icon in the bottom right of the screen and change to hers.
JJRO likes this.

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

I currently drive a Red Sport Q50 AWD. Wife has a '19 QX50 w/ ProActive. New QX50 likely my next vehicle when Q50 lease comes up.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page