Flat tire - Infiniti QX50 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-24-2019, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Flat tire

I just hit a huge pothole. The tire warning came on immediately saying I had a flat. Driving had a weird sound coming from the tire. Adding air did nothing - I can hear the sound hissing out. I know I have run flat.

1) should I go to the dealer or to a tire place to repair/replace?
2) this is obviously not under infiniti warranty (I have had the car for 2 months). Anyone know if insurance covers this?
3) do I need to replace two wheels at a time?
4) how much should this cost?

Thx.
post #2 of 6 Old 02-24-2019, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

And, just to add another question, do you think I should pay to replace all the tires with non run-flat ones and invest in a can of tire sealant instead? I made an appt online with the dealer for tomorrow morning but I want to do whatever is best. Somehow, I think running to the dealer may not be the best option. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thx.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-25-2019, 11:03 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Ask the dealer what they'll charge for a replacement. Ask another local tire dealer. Get it from wherever you want. Doesn't matter.

I wouldn't replace with non-RF tires at least until you've worn down the stock tires. Why waste money?

Non-RF tires and a can of fix-a-flat probably would not have helped you here. In fact, you'd be towing your car since you can't drive on a flatted regular tire.

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

I currently drive a Red Sport Q50 AWD. Wife has a '19 QX50 w/ ProActive. New QX50 likely my next vehicle when Q50 lease comes up.

post #4 of 6 Old 02-26-2019, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
How many miles with the stock tires?? If they have more than 50% I would only replace one tire, less than 50% I would replace min. two on 2wd and all 4 on 4wd.

If you replace all 4 I would replace them with NON-RFT tires. They are cheaper and lighter for a much better ride.

Same like on the Q50. NON-RFT completely change the whole car.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-26-2019, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

I just read https://owners.infinitiusa.com/conte...l_Brochure.pdf a bit more carefully. It does not say that normal wear and tear is covered. Only repairs from hazards. So, if everyone is saying that the tread wears out quickly on the RF tires, this policy doesn't seem to cover that - only flats. Yes, it may pay for itself if I get at least one flat a year. But not if I never get another flat.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-03-2019, 04:57 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
can you please suggest me good tires for my trailer which we use for towing service in Queens, I need reliable and durable.

Last edited by martinbrowno893; 07-03-2019 at 05:00 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page