2019 QX50 - Price Paid - Infiniti QX50 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 01-17-2019, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2019 QX50 - Price Paid

Dealers are out there to sell you cars at the highest price they can get you to agree too. The internet is your friend when shopping for a new car.

Here is the deal I got, hopefully more people can post and we can get a good thread going with purchase prices paid to help future buyers negotiate better.

2019 Infiniti QX50 Essential AWD

Purchase Date: 12/20/2018
2019 Infiniti QX50 Essential AWD - MSRP 45,150
ProAssist - MSRP 550
ProActive - MSRP 2,000
Premium heat package - MSRP 1,200
Premium audio package - MSRP 900
Illuminated kick plates - MSRP 465
Splash guards - MSRP 185
Protection package - MSRP 425
Destination charges - 996

Total MSRP $51,871

Total negotiated price: $40,185 (before trade in, before tax, plates, documentation fees, etc.)
post #2 of 5 Old 01-19-2019, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
You have nice thoughts in mind for helping the community. But things change. That won't happen this month. Incentives went away. And inventory has dried up until March. I have a few of those cars in stock, but I'm the only dealer w/in 50 miles that has any availability. So I have very little incentive to make you a silly deal. You also don't tell people if you qualify for VPP, had an Infiniti and were eligible for loyalty incentives, etc. Threads like this are usually a silly and poor comparison.

For reference, see Penthouse forum articles from the 80's.

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

I currently drive a Red Sport Q50 AWD. Wife has a '19 QX50 w/ ProActive. New QX50 likely my next vehicle when Q50 lease comes up.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-20-2019, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Not many QX50´s until march??

Is this a sign that Infiniti is updating the QX50 for this year??

post #4 of 5 Old 01-21-2019, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
You have nice thoughts in mind for helping the community. But things change. That won't happen this month. Incentives went away. And inventory has dried up until March. I have a few of those cars in stock, but I'm the only dealer w/in 50 miles that has any availability. So I have very little incentive to make you a silly deal. You also don't tell people if you qualify for VPP, had an Infiniti and were eligible for loyalty incentives, etc. Threads like this are usually a silly and poor comparison.

For reference, see Penthouse forum articles from the 80's.
Yes, I did get the $2000 December rebate and if the $2,000 rebate is gone buyers should expect to pay more today. Otherwise, I don't know that I qualified for any other rebates, I'm not military and not a recent college graduate. That $2k was the only rebate that showed up on the final sales contract. I went in ready to buy, straight negotiated on price and got what I think was a great deal at the end of the year. Clearly they were motivated to sell me the car and knew I was a buyer. It was fairly quick, and friendly.

Threads like this are not "a silly and poor comparison". It provides consumers data points so they can negotiate better. I provided a lot of details so people can see exactly what I purchased and I am happy to provide more details to backup and prove everything that I've shared here.

RE: ""I'm the only dealer w/in 50 miles that has any availability so I have very little incentive to make you a silly deal"

--> My advise to other buyers is to use the infiniti "search inventory" feature on the Infiniti website. Select the exact model/packages & accessories that you want. Find 3-4 cars at different dealers with the exact same model/packages & accessories so you know your options and can do apples to apples price negotiations with multiple dealers. Be friendly, be confident, and be ready to walk if you can't get a good deal.

Last edited by stepkau; 01-21-2019 at 11:32 PM.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-25-2019, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Not many QX50´s until march??

Is this a sign that Infiniti is updating the QX50 for this year??
No, they're retooling the factory and can't make cars for a month or two. Or they only have one line, where they should have a few. It just means dealer inventories will be light for a while. Tough given the car has become very popular.

I'm a salesperson at an
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

I currently drive a Red Sport Q50 AWD. Wife has a '19 QX50 w/ ProActive. New QX50 likely my next vehicle when Q50 lease comes up.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page