Infiniti QX50 Forum banner

2019 Android Auto/Apple Car Play

16K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  tj2433 
#1 ·
By now, we all know that, inexplicably, this is not available on the state-of-the-art 2019 QX50. All the reviews say "not yet". Do you think that means that the system could be upgraded or just that newer models may be equipped with it? The HUD is a nice feature but, in my opinion, it becomes really useful when using navigation. And I definitely prefer Waze to the Sirius traffic. I wonder if Waze would even work with the HUD anyway with Android Auto.

#2 ·
My opinion... Usually manufacturers release a model year and then put all their resources in to the next model year. If Infiniti/Nissan plans to use the same tech/hardware in the 2020 models, then 2019 owners may benefit and be able to update their software. Fingers crossed.

I doubt any Apple/Android and any third party apps would display on the HUD.

#3 ·
I found this: Android Auto

The Volvo XC90 has an HUD and Android Auto yet it specifically says:

"Note: While Android Auto displays in your Sensus Home screen, it will not display in your instrument panel or your Head Up Display, if your Volvo is so equipped. Android Auto will only display in the Sensus Home screen."

So maybe I am not missing out so much anyway.

#6 ·
No 2020 Entertainment System Retrofit to 2019

I was at my Infiniti service dealer yesterday for normal maintenance. While killing time, I looked at the 2020 model sitting there....the only differences I saw was with the entertainment system, with a nice HD display and Android Auto / Apple car play. I asked if that system could be retrofitted to the 2019 models...the display and / or software. I was told that neither would could be retrofitted.

While the new HD display was very nice, I should note that I have also driven other cars with the Android system. I have to say I'm not very impressed. Yes, it handles texts better than the system in my 2019 model, and I guess it can use Waze, although I didn't try it. Nothing else was of interest to me and it was awkward to get into and out of every time I got in the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.