User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-17-2018, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question 2019 navigation screen and around view setting

New member here but it's my 2nd infiniti. still love it. 2019 QX50

I realize I can only turn both screens off if i go to settings. Yet is it possible to ask service department to change the setting? like when we turn off the screen, it will only turn off the top one? I don't mind to keep it as permanent.

Also, anyway we can use around view 360 degree when we are driving? It now only shows if we are at reverse or when we are parking.

The original setting has some limit but I'd like to know if it's possible.
Thank you
post #2 of 4 Old 10-21-2018, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Basically the answers are No, and No.

But. People have worked around the second one. I think you'd find a thread on the QX60 forum, or the Q50 forum where people have installed some sort of gizmo that tricks the car into thinking the car is in park and the parking brake is on. That allows the cameras to come on (and the screen to play videos - which was the motivation for the fools that did it). However, I'm skeptical that the old system will work in this car. This car has electronic parking brake and a different shifter from those other Infinitis.

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

I currently drive a Red Sport Q50 AWD. Wife has a '19 QX50 w/ ProActive. New QX50 likely my next vehicle when Q50 lease comes up.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-23-2018, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
Basically the answers are No, and No.

But. People have worked around the second one. I think you'd find a thread on the QX60 forum, or the Q50 forum where people have installed some sort of gizmo that tricks the car into thinking the car is in park and the parking brake is on. That allows the cameras to come on (and the screen to play videos - which was the motivation for the fools that did it). However, I'm skeptical that the old system will work in this car. This car has electronic parking brake and a different shifter from those other Infinitis.
Thanks for reply. Lexus will automatically show it when it detects something and I found it really helpful. Guess I’ll have to wait some time to see how it goes. Thanks again

post #4 of 4 Old 11-30-2018, 03:57 PM

just turn the brightness down, i thought I would want it off, but then realized I would only see smudges all over

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page