User Tag List

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 09-03-2018, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Impressions of new QX50

Hello, I've just taken delivery of a QX50 Sensory package, this is to replace a QX60 off lease.

Overall, I've been quite pleased with the vehicle.
1. Mileage has been pretty good 10l/100 km (I'm from Canada)
2. Driveability has been excellent
3. Driver's assistance is much improved from QX60 - smoother.
4. CVT is pretty good.

However, there are a few things which puzzle me:

1. The drive mode ALWAYS resets back to Standard, regardless of the setting for the vehicle - the dealer is looking into it...
2. The rear and around-view cameras (although a bit sharper than the QX50) is much darker - no matter how much adjusting I do.. odd.
3. The 'enhanced' ambient lighting (even at the highest setting) is not very bright... to the point it is almost not noticeable even at nighttime. Far cry from the picture they have on their website.
4. The driver and passenger welcome door handle lights DO NOT light up as you approach the vehicle anymore. You have to touch it before they come on.
5. The range of the intelligent keys doesn't appear to be as good as the QX60... I need to be much closer to the car.

That's it for now...
post #2 of 23 Old 09-05-2018, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
1 - This is how the car is designed. I would not expect it to change any time soon. Your dealer should know this.
2 - Here's your solution: Turn on the cameras. Then go to Settings - Display. Boost the Brightness a notch or two and the Contrast a notch or two. This will make things less "dark".
3 - Wait until winter (that's in a couple weeks for you up there). It will be more prominent.
4 - Not sure on this one. Double check Vehicle settings
5 - YMMV.

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

I currently drive a Red Sport Q50 AWD. Wife has a '19 QX50 w/ ProActive. New QX50 likely my next vehicle when Q50 lease comes up.
post #3 of 23 Old 09-05-2018, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply.

1. I don't quite understand the reason why under 'Vehicle Settings', why it saves the Driving mode then. If I save it as Sport mode, it stays there. Do you understand the purpose?
2. I'll try it thanks.
3. I hope so... I've viewed it in my darkened garage and it still seems very dim, IMHO anyways.
4. Unfortunately, cannot find anything obvious.
5. true.

I'm starting to appreciate the sound system more vs. the upgraded one in the QX60 - the sound is more fuller.

post #4 of 23 Old 09-07-2018, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
The drive mode defaulting back to Standard is some rule, or law, according to the only semi-credible explanation I've gotten out of Infiniti personnel.

When you set the Personal Drive Mode settings, you're setting what the car will be doing when you put it in "Personal" Mode. Those are then saved - but again, you can't make the car default to Personal, Sport or Eco mode. Each time you re-start the car, it will be in Standard mode.

I'm a salesperson at an
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

I currently drive a Red Sport Q50 AWD. Wife has a '19 QX50 w/ ProActive. New QX50 likely my next vehicle when Q50 lease comes up.
post #5 of 23 Old 09-30-2018, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My wife decided on the QX50 after waiting for several years to see what Infiniti was going to produce. She traded in a 2014 Nissan Rogue SL which was a nice car but not close enough to the luxury standards of Infiniti. She waited for the QX30 to come onto the market and after driving it, did not like it. We've owned the JX35 and currently have a loaded 2016 QX60. We love that car.

Since this is her vehicle, I can honestly say that she is very much in love with this car. Its the bronze color and fully loaded model. The ride is very comfortable and there is plenty of power. We both love the heads up display which is something every car should have. Its stylish and has plenty of cargo space but on a long trip, we are going to put the Yakima Skybox on (it fits both the QX60 and QX50).

The gas milage is better than expected with a high of 30 mpg and 25 mpg around town. We both think Infiniti could do better with vehicle apps similar to what Nissan has done. There isn't Pandora, I Heart Radio, etc. We could do without Facebook. Text messaging works very well. We do use the Personal Assistant and Infiniti Connection services.

I hate the fact that there isn't a spare tire and that run-flat tires are standard. We already picked up a nail in one tire and thankfully the TPMS let us know before we needed a tow.

The fit and finish is much better than we thought. She balked at the Autograph package but since our dealership was able to give us $1K off the price, she went for it and now thats all she brags about. She loves this car.
Cartman and JJRO like this.
post #6 of 23 Old 10-06-2018, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thx for your feedback.

Is it me or are most of the customers female??
post #7 of 23 Old 11-18-2018, 11:37 AM

New to the Infiniti, prior car Acura RDX 2007. The replacement choice was between the 2019 RDX Advance or the 2019 QX50. I chose Luna White Essential with Proactive/ProAssist packages. I thought the fit/finish of the QX was superior to the RDX.

Still learning but somehow I missed or was not told that the car does not support text messages with iPhone.

Overall, very happy with my car.
Cartman likes this.
post #8 of 23 Old 11-25-2018, 05:04 PM

I agree with you about the ambient lighting. It’s underwhelming at best.
post #9 of 23 Old 11-30-2018, 06:03 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Is it possible to make it brighter??
post #10 of 23 Old 11-30-2018, 03:56 PM

I have to agree, you really can't tell this is CVT at all....it's actually surprisingly really really nice to drive!
Cartman and JJRO like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page