Infiniti QX50 Forum

Infiniti QX50 Forum (https://www.infinitiqx50.org/forum/)
-   Infiniti QX50 General Discussion (https://www.infinitiqx50.org/forum/infiniti-qx50-general-discussion/)
-   -   2019 Infiniti QX50 - AMA (https://www.infinitiqx50.org/forum/infiniti-qx50-general-discussion/2162-2019-infiniti-qx50-ama.html)

Sinecure 11-16-2017 07:18 PM

2019 Infiniti QX50 - AMA

In early December I'll get a chance to drive the upcoming 2019 QX50. Infiniti's new crossover with a VC-T engine and lots of other fun goodies. There will be plenty of press on this car in the coming weeks and months. But if you have some questions you don't think the press will cover, or just in general - ask here. I'll try to track down answers when I drive the car and post answers. I'm pretty sure that there will not be an NDA/embargo on what I see, so hopefully I'll be able to answer questions clearly and directly.

I've worked in sales for a SF Bay Area Infiniti dealer for six years. I currently drive the 2016 Q50 Red Sport AWD with every tech option. I've driven every Infiniti we've made since 2010 and quite a few of the older ones too. Happy to make comparisons.

boone 11-27-2017 06:43 PM

Hi Sinecure,

I remember you from my time over on the Q50 forum. I am also considering the new QX50. I am trying to decide on a crossover to replace my VW CC and Jeep GC. Can't wait to hear your impressions. I am particularly interested in the drivability of the new motor and all the tech that they will be stuffing into the QX50.

Sinecure 12-06-2017 02:42 PM

I'm reasonably sure we'll have a QX50 in the family soon. My fiance's nx200t lease comes up in about a year and my Q50 lease ends in late 2019. Likely we'll get her a QX50 first.

boone 12-10-2017 02:55 PM

That is cool. Sounds like you are nearly sold already. My only real concern is the behavior of the new engine. Infiniti does great work and their motors have been solid in my experience. Nevertheless, it is a new type of motor. Kinda like when DAS was new. Truth be told, I never had any problems with DAS in my 2014 Q50.

Sinecure 12-13-2017 02:20 PM

I loved driving the car. The engine/tranny felt great. Best CVT I've driven so far. Also drove the BMW, Audi, Lexus and Mercedes.

Cargo space in the car is amazing. The back seats slide forward to provide more cargo space and/or allow you to shove your kid's pacifier back in their mouth. There are significant improvements to the ProPilot (self-driving stuff) features. It looks and feels awesome. Cooled seats. I struggled to find anything in the car I didn't like.

onno 12-14-2017 10:10 AM

Good to hear.

Is the CVT the same that is in the QX60?

When will it ship to dealer lots?

The auto show units had sort of a light brown steering wheel and dash, that to me didn't seem to go with the light colored seats and other trim. Did they say anything about interior colors?

What is estimated pricing on the top level trim with the cooled or ventilated seats?

Any info on the AWD system? Does it have any torque vectoring?

When do you estimate that car magazine 'first drive' reviews show up?

Thanks.

boone 12-30-2017 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinecure (Post 11945)
I loved driving the car. The engine/tranny felt great. Best CVT I've driven so far. Also drove the BMW, Audi, Lexus and Mercedes.

Cargo space in the car is amazing. The back seats slide forward to provide more cargo space and/or allow you to shove your kid's pacifier back in their mouth. There are significant improvements to the ProPilot (self-driving stuff) features. It looks and feels awesome. Cooled seats. I struggled to find anything in the car I didn't like.

This is great news. Can't wait to give one a test drive.

GAMacky 12-31-2017 04:06 AM

I currently have a 2006 Infiniti FX35. Have had it for 12 years now. Looking forward to the new 2019 QX50. I'll be interested in hearing/reading anything about it. So please keep posting anything new here. Thanks in advance!

GAMacky 12-31-2017 04:17 AM

Am I seeing things or does this YouTube video shows that the rear view mirror is an LCD screen (at 0:09 mark)? [youtube url]/watch?v=gBnPU4BnHP8 (Sorry, I can't post links yet, copy and paste to address bar and put in the url for youtube.)

onno 01-10-2018 11:48 AM

I'm not sure what to make of the rear view mirror, but something seems different. I'm hungry for additional info on the new QX50. Does anyone know if there will be announcements at next week's Detroit Auto Show?