Infiniti QX50 Forum banner

2019 Infiniti QX50 - AMA

37K views 75 replies 14 participants last post by  gadgetfreak 
#1 ·
In early December I'll get a chance to drive the upcoming 2019 QX50. Infiniti's new crossover with a VC-T engine and lots of other fun goodies. There will be plenty of press on this car in the coming weeks and months. But if you have some questions you don't think the press will cover, or just in general - ask here. I'll try to track down answers when I drive the car and post answers. I'm pretty sure that there will not be an NDA/embargo on what I see, so hopefully I'll be able to answer questions clearly and directly.

I've worked in sales for a SF Bay Area Infiniti dealer for six years. I currently drive the 2016 Q50 Red Sport AWD with every tech option. I've driven every Infiniti we've made since 2010 and quite a few of the older ones too. Happy to make comparisons.

#75 ·
On the Q50 forums there are people who have hacked the system (pretty much the same InTouch system). You need to trick the system into thinking that the parking brake is on and the car is in park (those two things work differently in the QX50 than the Q50). There are also a couple systems that replace the upper screen with an Android Auto unit. None of the systems I've seen appear to be very well supported.

FWIW, once you're shown how to use our Navi system, it isn't bad. Your salesperson should be able to do this. If not, let Infiniti know when you get your survey. Granted, WAZE is better, but mostly because it uses crowd-sourced date for traffic and can do a better job navigating you around traffic. Personally, I frequently set my destination into both WAZE and the car. That way, I can turn off WAZE if I know there won't be traffic and avoid using data. Plus, the car's navi doesn't have dead spots like my phone does.

#76 ·
Clicking Noise at 20 MPH

Just got the QX50 coming from a Murano. I am learning to love it. The back seat is smaller and the center hump is not so comfortable for the middle passenger. But who cares? This is for me :). One issue, as I press on the accelerator and reach around 20 mph, I hear a faint clicking noise which goes away. It is loud enough to hear it over the engine but I can't hear it with the radio on. I haven't even had the car 5 days and noticed it right away. I REALLY don't want to have to take it to the local service center (I got it from a dealer an hour away for a better deal). Anyone hearing this? Any suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.