7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 76 Old 05-29-2018, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by giants9595 View Post
I had this happen to me the other day. I was pulling away from a light with no one in front of me and the car suddenly gave me the red collision warning on the heads up display and automatically hit the brakes. It has only happened to me this one time in the first 700 miles.

How are your guys doing on gas mileage? I am getting 16.5-17.5 in city and about 20 on highway. Is this just because it is still in the breakin period? I have the essential AWD version.
We are getting 17 in town, and just did a 300 mile road trip to Hot Springs Arkansas, and got 27.2mpg on the trip home. Much of that was at 82-84mph in a 75mph I-30 Interstate.

It is the quietest and smoothest vehicle I have ever done a road trip in, and we are very happy with it so far.
post #72 of 76 Old 06-02-2018, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobOB View Post
We've reached the 1,000 mile mark on our QX50. My wife loves her new car and has very few gripes, but there is something we are a bit concerned about and will contact Infiniti Consumer Affairs. We owned one of the first JX35's and had no issues. We now have 26,000 miles on the 2016 QX60 without any issues. We are spoiled on the technology and rely on how well the DCA works for front braking. On the QX50, we are noticing that the car does not pick up the vehicle in front as quickly as the QX60. As a matter of fact, we frequently get the fast beeps warning of a possible front end impact. We addressed this with our dealership and they couldn't see any issues. Wondering if there is a software update that needs to be addressed here? Anyone else noticing a slow response to the front end braking system?
That's odd. I'm finding that DCA and ICC work better and more smoothly in the new QX50 than in my Q50 or the QX60. The QX50's system is much better at making a smooth transition to braking as someone moves into your lane while you're already following someone. I'd say if you continue to have concerns, go drive another DCA-equipped QX50 at the dealership and see if that one is different. If so, maybe your system need recalibrating.

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

I currently drive a Red Sport Q50 AWD. Wife has a '19 QX50 w/ ProActive. New QX50 likely my next vehicle when Q50 lease comes up.
post #73 of 76 Old 06-23-2018, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Using drove it the other day and found it took be effective. I think my wife just isn’t used to driving it yet.

post #74 of 76 Old 07-01-2018, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Bought a new 2019 QX50. The navigation system is a pain to use, pretty useless, and a waste of screen real estate. Is there a way to mirror an iPhone screen or a way to play videos on it etc? Does it have a video input? Any hacks or ways to modify it to make it useful?

Thanks
post #75 of 76 Old 07-14-2018, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Bought a new 2019 QX50. The navigation system is a pain to use, pretty useless, and a waste of screen real estate. Is there a way to mirror an iPhone screen or a way to play videos on it etc? Does it have a video input? Any hacks or ways to modify it to make it useful?

Thanks
On the Q50 forums there are people who have hacked the system (pretty much the same InTouch system). You need to trick the system into thinking that the parking brake is on and the car is in park (those two things work differently in the QX50 than the Q50). There are also a couple systems that replace the upper screen with an Android Auto unit. None of the systems I've seen appear to be very well supported.

FWIW, once you're shown how to use our Navi system, it isn't bad. Your salesperson should be able to do this. If not, let Infiniti know when you get your survey. Granted, WAZE is better, but mostly because it uses crowd-sourced date for traffic and can do a better job navigating you around traffic. Personally, I frequently set my destination into both WAZE and the car. That way, I can turn off WAZE if I know there won't be traffic and avoid using data. Plus, the car's navi doesn't have dead spots like my phone does.

I'm a salesperson at an
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

I currently drive a Red Sport Q50 AWD. Wife has a '19 QX50 w/ ProActive. New QX50 likely my next vehicle when Q50 lease comes up.
post #76 of 76 Old 01-01-2019, 05:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Clicking Noise at 20 MPH

Just got the QX50 coming from a Murano. I am learning to love it. The back seat is smaller and the center hump is not so comfortable for the middle passenger. But who cares? This is for me . One issue, as I press on the accelerator and reach around 20 mph, I hear a faint clicking noise which goes away. It is loud enough to hear it over the engine but I can't hear it with the radio on. I haven't even had the car 5 days and noticed it right away. I REALLY don't want to have to take it to the local service center (I got it from a dealer an hour away for a better deal). Anyone hearing this? Any suggestions?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page