2019 Infiniti QX50 - AMA - Page 7 - Infiniti QX50 Forum
User Tag List

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 76 Old 04-18-2018, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
FWIW, auto brake hold only works if seatbelts are on.

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

I currently drive a Red Sport Q50 AWD. Wife has a '19 QX50 w/ ProActive. New QX50 likely my next vehicle when Q50 lease comes up.
post #62 of 76 Old 05-02-2018, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
No more new impressions of the new QX50??
post #63 of 76 Old 05-04-2018, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, where the new folks at?

I'm loving driving the car when I can. Today I put one in full autonomous mode (as much as it can, anyway) and drove it down 101 past the spot where that Tesla famously crashed and burned a couple months ago. Interestingly, the QX50 navigated the first part fine (the part where the Tesla crashed). But shortly after that, it beeped to tell me it had lost the lane markings. This made total sense because right now there are multiple lane markings in each lane and some are faded. So QX50 1 Tesla 0.

I've also been playing around with the various ProActive features. I'm a little disappointed that you have to engage Auto-Brake-Hold each time you start the car. I wish I could make that a saved feature. I'm also finding that I'm luke-warm on the HUD. But, you can turn that off and it will stay off the next time you get in.

Steering Assist is sweet. It allows one-finger turning in a parking lot. But it doesn't always demo well. People find it odd feeling at first because they've never had anything quite like it. I find I have to warn clients about it sometimes.

I wish you didn't need to touch the wheel so much when all the co-pilot features are engaged. On my Q50, I can go for miles w/out touching the wheel if the road is reasonably straight. But too many Q50 owners took advantage of that and did stupid stuff (plus Tesla users are ruining it for the rest of us). So, now we can't have nice things anymore and need to put our hands on the wheel every 20 seconds or the car starts whining.

The kick-to-open feature on the rear lift gate works much better in the QX50 than in the QX60. Its much more flexible in terms of recognizing your kick.

The leisure tow hitch looks great and is nicely tucked-in under the bumper. No need to cut the lower bumper or put in a trim finisher. Plus, it comes with a rubber cover.

The rear cargo protector is reversible. Its rubber on one side and soft on the other. Much better than the one for the QX60.

I'm a salesperson at an
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

I currently drive a Red Sport Q50 AWD. Wife has a '19 QX50 w/ ProActive. New QX50 likely my next vehicle when Q50 lease comes up.

post #64 of 76 Old 05-11-2018, 12:18 PM

I picked up my wife's new QX50 on Wednesday, and loving the car ! Much quieter than I expected, and don't have any issues with the CVT tranny. Good pickup as well ! The one disappointment I have with the vehicle is not having a digital speedometer between the tach and speedo. I had 2 Durango's , and now a Q7 that have it, and am shocked Nissan doesn't include this on it's highest end package.

The only option I didn't order was the ProActive Assist, for lane assist while in cruise control. It will mostly be an in town vehicle, and on my Q7, you have to keep a hand lightly on the wheel, so I don't even bother using it anymore. That option would have given me the digital heads up display, but my wife does not like the hud on the Audi, and would not have used it anyway.

The Autograph Interior is the best part of the QX50. The diamond stich pattern in the white looks awesome, especially with the blue suede detail on the center console and doors. The natural wood color is not my favorite, but not bad either.

Spent about an hour in it messing with all the radio / satellite stuff, along with all the other settings. Bose sound good, and pairing was not a problem with my Iphone.

The car feels larger cabin wise than it appears, and the back seat knee room was much larger than expected. Length wise, it is about a foot shorter than my Hellcat Charger sitting next to it.

Can't wait to put her on the road this summer to Taos / Telluride / Santa Fe. The Q7 gets it's best mpg in high altitude, so maybe can see mid 30's in the QX50 while in the mountains.

So far a big thumbs up to Nissan / Infiniti for building a great vehicle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0400.jpg (704.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0403.jpg (125.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0404 (1).jpg (565.2 KB, 8 views)
Cartman likes this.
post #65 of 76 Old 05-14-2018, 03:38 PM
eli

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by digman52 View Post
The Autograph Interior is the best part of the QX50. The diamond stich pattern in the white looks awesome, especially with the blue suede detail on the center console and doors. The natural wood color is not my favorite, but not bad either.
Aw jeez I didn't need to hear that. I really want the Dynamic Sunstone Red /w Autograph, and that combination is REALLY hard to come by. [Edit] (on the east coast within 500 miles of my house -- the public inventory search is disappointingly limited so who knows.. maybe there are hundreds available on the west coast)

Last edited by eli; 05-14-2018 at 03:40 PM.
post #66 of 76 Old 05-19-2018, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by digman52 View Post
The one disappointment I have with the vehicle is not having a digital speedometer between the tach and speedo. I had 2 Durango's , and now a Q7 that have it, and am shocked Nissan doesn't include this on it's highest end package.

Ahhh. A perfect example of "ask your salesperson" or if they're dumb, RTFM. Your car has it.

On the lower screen, go to Settings -> Meter -> Main Menu Selection - Turn on "Speed" and/or "Home" - neither are on by default. I like the Home screen because it shows speed in the center, surrounded by a compass, plus some audio info also. Speed just displays speed.
digman52 likes this.

I'm a salesperson at an

You can PM or

post #67 of 76 Old 05-21-2018, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
We've reached the 1,000 mile mark on our QX50. My wife loves her new car and has very few gripes, but there is something we are a bit concerned about and will contact Infiniti Consumer Affairs. We owned one of the first JX35's and had no issues. We now have 26,000 miles on the 2016 QX60 without any issues. We are spoiled on the technology and rely on how well the DCA works for front braking. On the QX50, we are noticing that the car does not pick up the vehicle in front as quickly as the QX60. As a matter of fact, we frequently get the fast beeps warning of a possible front end impact. We addressed this with our dealership and they couldn't see any issues. Wondering if there is a software update that needs to be addressed here? Anyone else noticing a slow response to the front end braking system?
post #68 of 76 Old 05-23-2018, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My wife has the new 2019 QX50 and my experience has been just the opposite. When we are in heavy traffic or approaching slowed traffic, our QX50 starts braking at a comfortable distance even before I can get my foot on brake pedal.
post #69 of 76 Old 05-24-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
Ahhh. A perfect example of "ask your salesperson" or if they're dumb, RTFM. Your car has it.

On the lower screen, go to Settings -> Meter -> Main Menu Selection - Turn on "Speed" and/or "Home" - neither are on by default. I like the Home screen because it shows speed in the center, surrounded by a compass, plus some audio info also. Speed just displays speed.
Thanks for showing me this. Easy change, but makes a big difference. I like the Home option as well !

I had googled digital speedometer on QX50, as well as looking in the Owner's manual in the speedometer section and didn't see it.

I will ask for help here on this forum before I rant about something again !
segriffin likes this.
post #70 of 76 Old 05-24-2018, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobOB View Post
We've reached the 1,000 mile mark on our QX50. My wife loves her new car and has very few gripes, but there is something we are a bit concerned about and will contact Infiniti Consumer Affairs. We owned one of the first JX35's and had no issues. We now have 26,000 miles on the 2016 QX60 without any issues. We are spoiled on the technology and rely on how well the DCA works for front braking. On the QX50, we are noticing that the car does not pick up the vehicle in front as quickly as the QX60. As a matter of fact, we frequently get the fast beeps warning of a possible front end impact. We addressed this with our dealership and they couldn't see any issues. Wondering if there is a software update that needs to be addressed here? Anyone else noticing a slow response to the front end braking system?
I had this happen to me the other day. I was pulling away from a light with no one in front of me and the car suddenly gave me the red collision warning on the heads up display and automatically hit the brakes. It has only happened to me this one time in the first 700 miles.

How are your guys doing on gas mileage? I am getting 16.5-17.5 in city and about 20 on highway. Is this just because it is still in the breakin period? I have the essential AWD version.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page