2019 Infiniti QX50 - AMA - Page 6 - Infiniti QX50 Forum
User Tag List

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 76 Old 03-13-2018, 05:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sat in one yesterday in Dallas. Liked everything about the car, including back seat room. I ordered one the first day I could in late February, so looking forward to it arriving in late April or May.
post #52 of 76 Old 03-30-2018, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Anybody out there? Forum has gotten very quiet. Anyone test drive? Anyone buy?
post #53 of 76 Old 04-03-2018, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
FYI, edmunds forum has started posting lease rates...

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussio...-and-prices/p2

post #54 of 76 Old 04-03-2018, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just bought a qx50 last Saturday so if you have any questions fire away. Essential, AWD
GAMacky likes this.
post #55 of 76 Old 04-03-2018, 06:40 PM

Garage
Ditto.

Coming from a 2006 FX35, the new QX50 could use a bit more thought into the design. Like the storage bin on the door, the QX50 is just a open space. On the FX35, it pulls out for easy access. The center console could be higher to act like an armrest like the FX35 did. So far I like everything else. The push forward to get the transmission into Reverse will take a while for me to get used to.

2019 Infiniti QX50 Essential AWD - Graphite Shadow/Graphite - ProAssist, ProActive, Premium Audio, Premium Heat.
post #56 of 76 Old 04-04-2018, 09:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My Wife Pulled The Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletchinf View Post
Anybody out there? Forum has gotten very quiet. Anyone test drive? Anyone buy?
We reserved one when they announced the arrival and gift program. Our local dealership contacted us the day the truck arrived. My wife originally wanted a specific color combination which wasn't on the delivery but fell in love with the Essential AWD Chestnut Bronze with the Autograph package. We spent a lot of time test driving the car on freeways, hills and in stop and go traffic. We both were very impressed with the overall looks, performance and technology. There is plenty of power getting off the line and going up steep hills. The ProPilot is pretty nice and works as advertised. The car is very quiet and smooth riding even on bumpy roads. No real noticeable body roll either. Yes its weird shifting forward for reverse and vise-versa. The auto high beams and turning headlights are good features. We LOVE the heads-up display. It is so clear and easy to see even in bright daylight.

One thing that worked at first and needs to be fixed when we take it in for service is the outbreak feature. Probably a bad connection or fuse. The InTouch system is easy to use and similar to the features on our 2016 QX60. What is confusing is trying to figure out how to download some of the apps like Google search, etc. No Pandora, Trip Advisor, Gas Buddy, etc. Any suggestions? The manual isn't very clear about the app section.

Overall my wife is extremely happy with her new QX50. She is now off my back.

About our dealership. This is the third new vehicle we've purchased from them and they were absolutely fantastic to work with. Even though there is a lot of turn over in staff, the core staff members were very easy to work with. Infiniti of Tacoma at Fife treats us like VIPs.

Last edited by BobOB; 04-04-2018 at 09:28 PM.
post #57 of 76 Old 04-05-2018, 02:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobOB View Post
... One thing that worked at first and needs to be fixed when we take it in for service is the outbreak feature. Probably a bad connection or fuse. The InTouch system is easy to use and similar to the features on our 2016 QX60. What is confusing is trying to figure out how to download some of the apps like Google search, etc. No Pandora, Trip Advisor, Gas Buddy, etc. Any suggestions? The manual isn't very clear about the app section.

Overall my wife is extremely happy with her new QX50. She is now off my back.

About our dealership. This is the third new vehicle we've purchased from them and they were absolutely fantastic to work with. Even though there is a lot of turn over in staff, the core staff members were very easy to work with. Infiniti of Tacoma at Fife treats us like VIPs.
To install apps, you must use the Infiniti Connect app. You can also do it via the Owner's portal at infinitiusa.com. But the only 2 other apps available to install to the InTouch system is Google search and Facebook.

I also purchased my new QX50 at Infiniti of Tacoma. Awesome staff there.

2019 Infiniti QX50 Essential AWD - Graphite Shadow/Graphite - ProAssist, ProActive, Premium Audio, Premium Heat.
post #58 of 76 Old 04-06-2018, 01:11 AM

Congratulations! Which one did you buy? We were heading south on I5 near Salem Oregon today and saw a truck load of QX50s heading north. When Ariel called me to tell me that three cars arrived, my wife and I headed down to the dealership. The blue car was detailed and we test drove it but since it wasn’t fully loaded and the one we ultimately purchased was still wrapped in plastic, we opted to wait until we could see other color combinations. We were shopping at the Tacoma mall 30 minutes later when Clayton called me to tell me a truck load just showed up. We headed back and saw most of the color and package details. Two days later Joe invited us back to test drive the fully loaded one and we loved it. It was such a great experience. No pressure and no haggle.
post #59 of 76 Old 04-08-2018, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
@BobOB, When you say "outbreak feature," do you mean auto-brake, as in Distance Control Assist? Or do you mean Auto-Brake Hold? Either way, both of those features need to be engaged each time you start the car. Distance Control Assist is one of the things that gets turned on with the blue safety shield button on your steering wheel (non ProActive cars have the button on the dash). Auto Brake-hold is a button down on the center console near your right elbow. Once you press that, it holds the brake at a stop light until you press the gas pedal to get going again. Distance Control Assist is the system that applies the brakes to slow you down if the car in front of you slows and you don't put your foot on the brake pedal.

I hope that helps.

Other questions or points of confusion from new owners?

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

I currently drive a Red Sport Q50 AWD. Wife has a '19 QX50 w/ ProActive. New QX50 likely my next vehicle when Q50 lease comes up.
post #60 of 76 Old 04-09-2018, 02:02 AM

It’s the Auto-brake hold feature. Currently not working but I know the dealership will get it working for my wife. She is madly in love with this car. Now I’m hoping she will do most of driving on long trips.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page