7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 76 Old 01-29-2018, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by onno View Post
What percentage of MSRP is Infiniti "invoice"?

What is the typical hold back beneath invoice, that dealers can still make selling at "Invoice"?- I think a lot of brands its about 3%.

2019 Acura RDX should be hitting showrooms in June. It looks very competitive feature-wise. No idea of pricing.

Honda's/Acura's new 10 speed transmission, currently in the high version of Honda Odyssey, has good reviews. The 9 speed, not good.

I think their holdback is ~1% - 1.5% and the invoice to markup MSRP is around 5% - 6%?

Agree on the RDX, on my list for sure. I would guess it would top out under $50K, will be interesting to compare them with similar options...
post #32 of 76 Old 01-29-2018, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
One website claims 7% off for invoice, and 2% of invoice hold back.

I'm guessing with all of it's new features, the 2019 RDX will top out very similarly to the QX50.

The second model year of the Alfa Romeo Stelvio (2019) could be interesting if improved seats, entertainment, safety tech, differential, ventilated seats, etc. (Many of the items they note "if available" or "if configured" in their owner's manual.)
post #33 of 76 Old 02-01-2018, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
What percentage of MSRP is Infiniti "invoice"?

What is the typical hold back beneath invoice, that dealers can still make selling at "Invoice"?- I think a lot of brands its about 3%.
Why does this matter? If the car is popular, its going to sell at whatever rate dealers can get.

Quote:
Does anyone have an idea when Infiniti will host its press drive event for car reviewers? Then, when the embargo ends?
Embargo is off. Lots of reviews out today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletchinf View Post

I think their holdback is ~1% - 1.5% and the invoice to markup MSRP is around 5% - 6%?

Agree on the RDX, on my list for sure. I would guess it would top out under $50K, will be interesting to compare them with similar options...
That's about right. I'm not sure on holdback. I don't get paid on holdback or other "funny money." I hope this car is super popular. It would be nice to make a decent living selling cars. Plus it would be fairly satisfying to tell people making $300K/year, whose "budget" won't let them spend a penny more than $399/mo for a car, to go buy a Mazda. Sometimes I get sick of all the techies here in the valley crying poverty while driving up rents to Manhattan-like levels.

I've yet to drive an RDX that I liked. We'll see.

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

I currently drive a Red Sport Q50 AWD. Wife has a '19 QX50 w/ ProActive. New QX50 likely my next vehicle when Q50 lease comes up.

post #34 of 76 Old 02-01-2018, 03:56 PM

Reading the First Drives, my summarization:

Nice:
Exterior
Interior appointments
Roominess
Engine
Quiet (a bit of noise with the larger 20" on high trims)
Throttle response, good when already rolling and at most speeds.

Personal choice:
Soft suspension that makes for nice comfortable drive and ride, at the cost of fun driving dynamics that others have (ala F Pace and Stelvio)

Not so nice:
Entertainment, poor resolution, slow, split screen.
No CarPlay nor Android Auto.
Throttle response, twitchiness at low speeds.
Drive by wire, light steering
CVT transmission, improved, but still not good. (Some noises. Good for mileage, not so fun. Can be weird when accelerating up hill.)

Value:
Good at entry and mid pricing, less so at highest trims nearing $60K.

I wonder if many of the "Not so nice" might be corrected via software updates.

Last edited by onno; 02-01-2018 at 04:04 PM.
post #35 of 76 Old 02-01-2018, 05:40 PM

Also reading some of the first looks, will watch some reviews on youtube tonight. So far not too impressed. Was wary of the dual screen set up and the reviews are saying resolution is bad and design/fonts are different on the 2 screens. CVT and steering don't sound too great either. Add all of that together with the high prices on top trims and this car is moving down on my virtual list for now...
post #36 of 76 Old 02-02-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletchinf View Post
Also reading some of the first looks, will watch some reviews on youtube tonight. So far not too impressed. Was wary of the dual screen set up and the reviews are saying resolution is bad and design/fonts are different on the 2 screens. CVT and steering don't sound too great either. Add all of that together with the high prices on top trims and this car is moving down on my virtual list for now...
Fletch, Let us know what you learn via Youtube and other reviews.

What cars are on your list? Thx.
post #37 of 76 Old 02-02-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Fletch, Let us know what you learn via Youtube and other reviews.

What cars are on your list? Thx.
Watched 2 last night, Alex on Autos and motorweek. Overall ok but still lacking. CVT and Steering as I read as well. Overall it's ok and I'll drive before I rule it out. As far other cars...2019 RDX for sure, also could be 10K less similarly equipped. Will have to wait and see how prices come in and what lease deals look like. Also have the Lincoln Nautilus (MKX) on my list to look at, they are doing a refresh on the outside at least, just wish they would update the center stack.

How about others...what's on the lists?
post #38 of 76 Old 02-02-2018, 01:41 PM

In no particular order, and understand that some of these aren't in the same class. We're looking to replace my wife's '16 Sorento in the near-ish term, but I need to replace mine by December. So, she may drive "mine" for x months, and then pass that to me. Then, get "hers".

Mazda CX-5 diesel, announced but may not happen.
Volvo XC60
2019 Infiniti QX50
Alfa Stelvio (at this point probably a 2019 with hopefully some items corrected).
2019 Acura RDX.
2018 Acura MDX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD (w/ 3 motors). It drives fantastic, but its on the big side.
2019 Kia Sorento (climbing in preference)
2019 Kia Sportage SX.
post #39 of 76 Old 02-04-2018, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I read that the infotainment get´s an update before launch in europe end of 2018. Hope so, that´s the only really bad think on the new one. The CVT should be fine, not sporty but good for a smooth ride.

btw. why the CX5 as diesel?? Ok good mpg but that´s it.
post #40 of 76 Old 02-04-2018, 11:30 AM

Apple CarPlay and Android Auto would be great.

I'm driving a VW Passat TDI diesel, and love the low end torque driving dynamics. The great MPG is just a bonus.

I'm looking forward to CX-5 diesel with 300 foot pound of torque. (Its to be a bigger engine for the US market.) It was to have been shipping by December '17, and still no update.

Kia announced a diesel Sorento for the US, but I wonder if it'll ever really happen in the US. It should have 320'lb.

I will go test drive the QX50. I hope some of the things it was dinged for could be improved with settings/tuning via a software update (steering, shift points, throttle twitchiness in slow traffic).

Last edited by onno; 02-04-2018 at 11:33 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page